This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Let's say I sell used cars. 

When I buy it - it must appear in the store.

I have expenses when buying car, expenses for transporting it to my showroom, washing, maybe fixing. Also I need to post pictures to the website. And when I sell it, it must be gone from the system. Is there any smart way to manage such items ? I saw car dealership module, but I think it will not fit to my requirements, as new cars can be under one product name (for example Toyota Yaris - red one, green one, blue one, 1.6 liter, 1.3 liter etc.) , and I need one unique product. 

At the end I want to know, how much expenses I had with particular car. 

Any advises ? 

Discard

Where you able to get an answer? I have a similar situation where we build custom furniture , so each project is individual. How can this be managed in Odoo? 

Additionally how can I attached a file in the quotation and sent to the customer with the design?

Author

Yes. I have created special module, which changed buy and sell workflow. But my situation totally different from yours. We are buyers and sellers. Our purchase material is that unique item. In your case you have to use Manufacturing module, as you are buying plywood, glue, screw, paint and make it as one item - furniture. This one is simple odoo workflow. I used to work in furniture factory and did all management with odoo.

Best Answer

The artefact to manage unique products is called "Serial Number", in your case you could use the VIN or create your own unique numbering system.

Discard
Author

Yes, I was thinking about that. But what about items in website ? serial number is option for same options item.

Author

also how to followup expenses, related to particular item ? I don't see the way to use Serial numbers for that.