This question has been flagged
2 Replies

For my company, I need to pay my vendors in advance of receiving the goods. Is this possible in Odoo? From what I can see, I can only issue a vendor bill once goods are received. 

In previous versions of Odoo, it seems there was a payment wizard to manually enter advance payments on PO's and SO's. Is this no longer available? 

Discard

Also, if you don`t get a Bill in advance you can create a payment and bill your vendor. The payment is assign to the vendors account, and after you get the bill you can assign the payment to the bill and mark as payed.

Also you always keep track in the partner book - so you don`t miss anything (e.g. overpayments)

Best Answer

Are you getting a Bill?

You can just visit the Vendor --> Payments Menu are create a Payment there, referencing the PO, then when you DO get the Bill, you can apply the prepayment and the Bill (when it arrives) will then show the remaining open balance.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, it is possible to make advance payment in odoo for vendor bill. For that, you need to set "Bill Control" as "Ordered quantities" in Invoicing section using menu Purchase/Configuration/Settings. After that, you will be able to create vendor bill based on ordered quantities and proceed the payment without receiving products.

Thanks & Regards,

CandidRoot Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Mobile: (+91) 8849036209
Email: info@candidroot.com
Web: https://www.candidroot.com
Address: 1229-1230, Iconic Shyamal, Near Shyamal Cross Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015

Discard
Author

I set both the invoicing configuration and the product purchase settings to "order quantity." This did not work. I still get the error message

"There is no invoiceable line. If a product has a control policy based on received quantity, please make sure that a quantity has been received."