This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We are running OpenHRMS based on Odoo 11 community edition (on Ubuntu 18.04). Recently we had installed a few addons e.g. employee_dynamic_fields, oh_employee_check_list, oh_employee_documents_expiry etc. 

I downloaded these addons from Odoo website and installed on our self-hosted server. After copying these addons folder to /opt/openhrms/addons (even tried placing them in /opt/openrms/openhrms/) and restart the openhrms service. Accessing the app after this doesn't show me any of these addons related menus/flows. I also don't see these in Apps. Before installation, I also made sure that the pre-requisite for these addons have been installed but still no success. 

How can I check if an addon has been installed fine and if it is not fine where does it throw log and how can I check that?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

The correct way to place and access your addons is:

1. First you create a custom addons directory, you can name it what ever you want

2. Make sure that this folder can be read from

3. Place the addons of interest inside that folder (Make sure the version are correct)

4. Make sure the folder is referenced inside you odoo configuration file

5. Enable developer mode

6. Got to Apps and click Update Apps list

Then all the new modules in that folder will be listed inside the Apps module and if your database knows that module already it will be displayed as installed.

Thank You

Discard