This question has been flagged

Hello,

We just went live with our new website in Odoo and we've run into some challenges.

Previously, we were on Shopify and one thing they did really well was schema, as well as allowing us to show key fields on the product page. Such as allowing us to show our SKU (Internal Reference as Odoo calls it) and the product's barcode (UPC, EAN). These would then automatically be added to the schema and Google rewarded us by showing much better search results.

How do we go about displaying built-in Odoo fields on the product page and/or how would we get these fields added and populating via the schema for rich results to function properly?

Thanks in advance!

Discard

Hello Chris,

If you want to add fields relating to a product on the ecommerce you can do this from the QWeb. Once on the product page, go to Customise Theme->HTML/CSS/JS Editor to make changes on the QWeb. To add a field place the relevant HTML tag you want with the attribute t-field. Here's an example of displaying your products Internal Reference:

<p t-field="product.default_code"/>

To display this under the product name for example you just need to place the code under the line:

<h1 itemprop="name" t-field="product.name">Product Name</h1>

You can also achieve the same by inheriting the view (external Id: website_sale.product ), here is the documentation:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/14.0/reference/views.html#inheritance

I am unsure of the effects this will have on schema and Google's search result, so I have left a comment instead of an answer.

Thanks,

Author

Thank you, Jack! I will give this a try and see what impact this may have to Google's ability to crawl and find the data we need it to. Thanks again!