This question has been flagged

We have several clients who have specific descriptions for the labor we provide and specific prices. For example, an emergency service call might be Emergency Service for one customer, 4 Hour On Site Response for another, and Priority 1 Labor for a third. However, since these are all essentially a 4 hour response, we have one product and build a pricelist for each customer.

However, I would like to have the quotes/orders/invoices that use the pricelists to show the customers' name for the service. Essentially, when using the pricelist I need the rule name to be used as the default description rather than the product name, but obviously need the product name if there is no pricelist rule available.

Is there a way to do this? I'm assuming if I had to it could at least be done by changing some module code. I'd be happy to do that and share it with the community if someone can point me in the right direction of the proper files to edit and variables to use. I image the appropriate method would be to add the option for a custom description to the pricelist code? But I don't know if that would then also require edits to the quote/order/invoice code to be able to actually use that custom data.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Discard