This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Dear Community,

I do not like the email setup in Odoo, I find it clunky to show a catchall or whatever alias to the Customer. It is not a viable workaround to setup an outgoing email account for each User because of frequent password changes and security.  

I'm working on an Odoo project with Office 365 and I would like to realize the following:

- Users shall be able to send and receive emails with their individual(professional -> one domain) email.

- Users should be able to authenticate against Office 365.

- Calendar and Tasks shall be synchronized with Office 365.

- All emails send and their responses should be shown in Odoo.

- Authentication and email smtp/imap/pop should be done over the same configuration, no individual password setup.

Please let me know if you have any experience with that or if you are interested in co-financing such a Module. We could think about making it generic and not focused Office 365.

Many Thanks

Rufus

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Rufus,

I hope you're doing well.

I get where you're coming from with the email setup in Odoo and the struggle to integrate Office 365 smoothly. There's a plugin called the "All in One Office 365 Connector" by Techspawn Solutions Pvt Ltd that could really help.

It's pretty straightforward:

1. One-Click Sync: Makes syncing between Odoo and Office 365 super easy.
  2. Import and Export: You can move contacts, calendar events, tasks, and emails between Odoo and Office 365 without any hassle.
  3. Auto Schedule: You can set it to handle imports and exports automatically, saving you time.

Even though some features like Task synchronization are still in beta, this plugin could be a game-changer for streamlining your workflow.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Rufus,

How is it going with the development of the Office 365 integration? Has development started? Any update on planning, etc available?

Best, Paulo

Discard
Author

Hi Paulo,

We decided for a email only setup for the moment, it works as follows:

- A module that deletes the reply to field for outgoing emails.

- On the exchange server a rule that cci odoo for all incoming emails with the odoo ids and the host name in the header.

Let me know if you need more information.

Best

Rufus

Best Answer

Hi Community,

I can only say that Rufus is right - email-setup is clumsy and full of pitfalls in Odoo.

We are using GMail for Business and you could replace all above Office 365 with GMail (except the authentication which could stay with a local ActiveDirectory/LDAP).

But even if there is no solution for the password-problem: I had the problem that we also do avoid a catchall but our outgoing Mails were not handled right! (the adress of the sender is not right after going through the outgoing mail-routines of Odoo 13 in our case - maybe we did something wrong).

Today I got a hint of an Odoo-consultant that there is an App that solves the problem with outgoing emails (point 1 and 4 of your list). After the first test it seems to be a solution! It is this app that allows to assign one outgoing mail-server to a user and sends Mails from that user by using the assigned outgoing mail-server. If you here nothing more here that will become our solution.

This is the app: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/mail_smtp_per_user_oin/

But: Many thanks if there are hints to other approaches for the other mentioned problems!

Gerald (from solvistas.com)

Discard