This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I'm wondering how to accomplish the following with the ERP.

We sell 2nd hand products in our shop, managed by OpenERP and sold via the POS.

The problem comes with the products themselves. Being 2nd hand, we get the same product (let's say "Book A") at a different cost price each time we get new stock. Also, the profit margin we put to each "Book A" depends on the status of the item.

My question if is there is some way to create this "Book A" product, and after that having different iterations of the same product, each one with its own cost price and retail price, but being into the same "Book A" article file. This way we could keep our database organized, and without duplicates of products everywhere (as they would look the same in the POS).

If each of these "iterations" could have a different EAN or Reference that would be perfect for selling in the POS.

Thank you very much!

Discard
Best Answer

I think you can go with Sales Pricelist.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello again,

I've been through the information in the book, but as we are using OpenERP 7 now, I cannot really see where those options are.

Apart from that, I need to have different "instances" of the same product with its own stock levels. Using the first example, I can buy a copy of "Book A" that I find somewhere at a good price, and before I sell it, have another "Book A" at the same time in my stock, both of them available to the public.

As those have been bought from different suppliers, at a different times, they would have different cost prices, and depending on the status of the book, different retail prices.

For accounting reasons, I would need to have those two copies in stock, but I would prefer to have them under the same article, just to keep things ordered.

Also. Any way to have the tax applied only to the profit margin? If the "Book A" has costed me 20, and I sell it at 120, I would like the tax to be calculated upon 100, not 120.

Thanks a lot!

Discard

please update your question (or post another one) instead of posting a new answer.