This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi

I am running odoo 8 which I had clone from git using this

git clone https://github.com/odoo/odoo.git

Here is how i am running odoo

./odoo.py -r <dbuser> -w <dbpass> --db-filter='^%d'

Now I have created a module and save into addons directory and restart odoo. I also had update module list from web but my module is still not appear there, would you please help me what is the issue?

Br.

Umar

Discard

Please verify your addons pat.

Hi

I think you meant path?

[options]
addons_path = /home/odoo/odoo/openerp/addons,/home/odoo/odoo/addons

the above is my addons path

Br.

Umar

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Karthik Arumugam <karthik.bect@gmail.com> wrote:

Please verify your addons pat.

--
Karthik Arumugam
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post new module installation problem

Best Answer

Hi Umar,

Please have a look in file __openerp__.py. Make sure you set the attribute 'installable' as True.

Discard
Best Answer

Gosh guys,

If you want inastall new module:

1. check is the path correct,

2. module is in correct location

3. module contain __init__.py, __openerp__.py, your_module.py (or just download ready to install module to make it simpler)

4. update modules list

5. remove filter in search bar to be able to see all possible modules then type the name of the module into the search bar (must be found)

6. install it clicking on INSTALL

Module example: here

If you still have a problem try place your module (or my module) directly in main 'addons' folder, update list and everything should be file :)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well the structure of module is ok, the problem is something else. If i simply remove the odoo folder as well as the database I am using and then clone again odoo from git and before start the odoo simple copy my module into addons folder then it appear on web interface.

But if I create any new module and copy into addons folder and restart the odoo and also update the module list then its not appearing there. I already mentioned i am using --db-filter='^%d' to start odoo.

Br.

Umar

Discard
Best Answer

Umar,

To have any custom module, you must make sure:

1. The module resides into your addons-path,.

2. Your module has the __init__.py and __openerp__.py files.

3. Your class file is mentioned inside __init__.py.

Thanks.

Discard