This question has been flagged

I had installed odoo 8.0 using .exe and i want to start development for the same. I had already installed aptana studio for development and i'm facing problems in configuration.should i need to download the source code of odoo and i need to configure it again or i can use the installed odoo folder in windows?

Thanks in advance!!!

Discard

You should really host Odoo's on Ubuntu instead of Windows, especially for development.. It runs better on Ubuntu and development is great from command line & terminal. But yes you can do it on Windows and yes you should be in the Odoo folder installed, you should be under addons/. As for the configuration problems: what exactly is the problem?

Thanks Yenthe,

As of now i'm using windows based machine so i'm in need of windows environment for development. the error which i got while running the server is

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150417\server\openerp-
server.conf", line 2
    addons_path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150417\server\openerp\
addons
                   ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I had already added the same installed addons code in aptana but still the server is not initiating. could i kindly get a solution regarding in this.

Regards,
Ajay Tandon

Subject: Re: How to kick-start odoo development in windows?
To: ajaytandon@student-partners.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 05:53:53 +0000

You should really host Odoo's on Ubuntu instead of Windows, especially for development.. It runs better on Ubuntu and development is great from command line & terminal. But yes you can do it on Windows and yes you should be in the Odoo folder installed, you should be under addons/. As for the configuration problems: what exactly is the problem?
--
Yenthe
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to kick-start odoo development in windows?