This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I found a module called 'Warning'

I checked it and found that it triggers a warning with no conditions imposed on the warning

also there is a place where one can define 'Order Point', that is used to create automatic procurement orders based on the minimum qty condition via a scheduler

I need to know if there is a standard link between these two things so I can trigger a warning to the user while he is creating a delivery order informing him that there is not enough stock

my aim is that I need to find a standard way to prevent the stock of a product to go down zero

Does anyone have an idea?  or I have to customized. 

Discard
Best Answer

If the product has type "Stockable" then this is standard functionality (works just as you want out of the box).

Discard
Author

Even when the product is 'Stockable' the system allows its stock quantity go down zero. I wonder if there is a way to BLOCK such transactions with a functionality similar to the 'Warnings' in BLOCK case

Author

I tried this in both version 7.0 and version 8.0

Yes it lets it go below, but it requires the user to override the negative when creating a sales order...it says something like "There is not enough stock to fill this order" so it seems like some basic training would fix the issue as you could see the sales order/agent that ignored the warning.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim <tareq.elqusi@gmail.com> wrote:

I tried this in both version 7.0 and version 8.0

--
Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo access your messages

--
Best Regards,
Mark Meadows
Author

I agree with you that this is a nice design, but in some situations the owners need to stop selling a certain product, so they aim to deliver the existing ones and not to create more procurements of that product, either manually or automatically. In such case a BLOCKING warning message is appropriate. I posted my question to get known if the system can fulfil my case or I have to find a custom way. Moreover, is this feature eligible to be included in a future version or not?