This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I tried to discover how to print an email message received from the "outside world" like we do with our normal email client but I do not know how.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Manuel Moura

Discard

So when the e-mail message is coming in the Odoo system it should be printed on paper (with the printer?)

Hi.
Thank you for your reply. Yes. That is the idea.
Is it possible?
Best regards.
Manuel Moura

On 02-07-2015 08:53, Yenthe wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1435823619.387808084487915.052055432023690-openerp-85664-forum.post@accounts-a.odoo.com" type="cite">

So when the e-mail message is coming in the Odoo system it should be printed on paper (with the printer?)

--
Yenthe
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to print an email message received in odoo?
-- 
Manuel Moura

Tlm - +351 938394948   Skype - mfsmoura
ECG - Cooperativa Cultural CRL (facebook.com/ecgcoop)

Redes sociais - twitter.com/mfsmoura  pt.linkedin.com/pub/manuel-moura/19/bb2/631
Associado TIAC (transparencia.pt) e Banco de Tempo (bancodetempo.net)

Aviso de Confidencialidade: Este e-mail e quaisquer ficheiros informáticos com ele transmitidos são confidenciais, podem conter informação privilegiada 
e destinam-se ao conhecimento e uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade a quem são dirigidos, não podendo o conteúdo dos mesmos ser alterado.
Caso tenha recebido este e-mail indevidamente, queira informar de imediato o remetente e proceder à destruição da mensagem e de eventuais cópias.

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged and
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Their contents may not be altered.
lf you are not the intended recipient of this communication please notify the sender and delete and destroy all copies immediately.

Go to Settings/Technical/Email and Messages/Email section might help you. In Odoo, the Messages section can still help you on the conversations.

Hi.
Thanks for you message but I still can´t print the message...
Kind regards.
Manuel Moura

On 02-07-2015 09:09, Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1435824554.193964004516602.692495342682459-openerp-85664-forum.post@accounts-a.odoo.com" type="cite">

Go to Settings/Technical/Email and Messages/Email section might help you. In Odoo, the Messages section can still help you on the conversations.

--
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to print an email message received in odoo?

@Serpent he literally wants to print the document, physically, after it has arrived in Odoo. @Manuel you could extra logic in the function that catches every e-mail. It should be realitively easy to catch when a new e-mail is incoming.. as to the printing, I'm not sure how to send it to the printer automatically though. Perhaps Serpent has an idea there!

@yenthe, please have a look on my answer and share your thoughts because not only on email, but with this solution we can print on any "html" widget field with no other extra server side installation modules.

Hi.
Thank you for your solution. Now, in fact, with your module I have access to the print button in the Cleditor and, because of that, I can print the body of the e-mails in \settings\technical\email\messages.
But if I am just a normal user (without technical access)? How can I print those emails?
Kind regards.
Manuel Moura

On 02-07-2015 12:25, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1435836306.543704986572266.446803813217261-openerp-85664-forum.post@accounts-a.odoo.com" type="cite">

@yenthe, please have a look on my answer and share your thoughts because not only on email, but with this solution we can print on any "html" widget field with no other extra server side installation modules.

Emipro Technologies is best in Odoo & eCommerce Application development based outsourcing software firm. We deliver any kind of complex solutions in the domain of Odoo and eCommerce to customers accross the globe. Being in IT business since 2011, We have a strong team of skilled experienced IT experts.Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from startups to large enterprises who realize that they need a professional internet solution to generate revenue streams, establish communication channels or streamline business operations.

Our Services in Odoo includes,
  • Installation
  • Customization
  • Configuration
  • Software Training
  • After Sale Support
  • Maintenance
  • Consulting
Contact info@emiprotechnologies.com for any kind of queries in Odoo. Visit www.emiprotechnologies.com for more details.

Sent by Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd using Odoo about Forum Post How to print an email message received in odoo?
-- 
Manuel Moura

Tlm - +351 938394948   Skype - mfsmoura
ECG - Cooperativa Cultural CRL (facebook.com/ecgcoop)

Redes sociais - twitter.com/mfsmoura  pt.linkedin.com/pub/manuel-moura/19/bb2/631
Associado TIAC (transparencia.pt) e Banco de Tempo (bancodetempo.net)

Aviso de Confidencialidade: Este e-mail e quaisquer ficheiros informáticos com ele transmitidos são confidenciais, podem conter informação privilegiada 
e destinam-se ao conhecimento e uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade a quem são dirigidos, não podendo o conteúdo dos mesmos ser alterado.
Caso tenha recebido este e-mail indevidamente, queira informar de imediato o remetente e proceder à destruição da mensagem e de eventuais cópias.

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged and
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Their contents may not be altered.
lf you are not the intended recipient of this communication please notify the sender and delete and destroy all copies immediately.
Best Answer

Hello Manuel Moura,

Here I am trying to give very easy solution.

You can print the email via "print" icon in Cleditor. For that you need to go to Setting >> Technical >> Email >> Messages menu and open your email. At cleditor, you can see the option to print the content which is written in html body. However by default Odoo doesn't show extra options, so you will not able to see "print" icon in cleditor like as below,

But you need to download our app web_cleditor_ept in Odoo app store. Which is freely available at following list,

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules?author=Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

By installing that full list of options will be available in Cleditor and you will able to see "print" icon like below screen,

Hope this helps,

Don't hesitate to share your thoughts,

Discard
Best Answer

If you want to print the email once it is fetched, then do the following: 1. Create a report of the same model(which you used in point 1). 2. Install the base_report_to_printer module.https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/7.0/base_report_to_printer/ 3. Override the create of the mail.mail or mail.message whichever contains your body of email. In the method, call the report service and proceed. Thanks.

Discard