This question has been flagged
1 Reply

It is common in apparel industry to depreciate stock valuation of the products that belong to past seasons.

Is there a module to handle mass depreciation of the stock based on predefined parameters?  Costing method is expected to be 'Average Price'.

Functions that I imagine are needed are as follows:

• extension to the product master to keep year/season info

• depreciation master to define the depreciation % for each product category + year/season

• mass depreciation function that updates the costs of the products according to the depreciation master settings (there should be a wizard for user to select product, product category, year/season, and/or location)

• generated journal items should keep the product name the entry originates from

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Yoshi,

I have not needed a module as we did not have this situation of depreciation, but the following advice may help you further, before you develop the depreciation module itself.

1. Move the cost price from the template to the variant

2. Add the season/year as a characteristic. This way all products from the same season would be managed together as a separate variants

3. Check out OdooMRP for the variant configurator before you start doing any own development. The group did a lot of great developments that can be used in the fashion industry (I used many of them).

Good luck

Eva P. 

Discard

Thanks for your comment! Regarding your comment #2, by "characteristic", do you mean an attribute?

Yes. A characteristic equals an attribute in Odoo

On 12 Aug 2015 04:59, "Yoshi Tashiro" <tashiro-roomsfor.hk@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for your comment! Regarding your comment #2, by "characteristic", do you mean an attribute?

-----

Yoshi Tashiro

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo access your messages