This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Using Odoo v8 local installation

I'm brand new to Odoo and XMLRP. I want to update the quantity on hand of stock using XMLRPC and PHP code, just as if I had clicked the "Apply" button on the "Update Product Quantity" dialog that is reached via, e.g. Warehouse -> Products /<Select Product>/ Inventory tab -> (Quantity on Hand)Update

After much searching, based on the view found by clicking through Settings -> User Interface -> Views -> stock.change.product.qty
as well as the example in the following post:
http://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/openerp-xmlrpc-php-en/
I tried the following PHP:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<?php

set_include_path(get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . '/home/odootst/xmlrpc/lib/');
require_once( 'xmlrpc.inc' );
require_once( 'xmlrpcs.inc' );
require_once( 'xmlrpc_wrappers.inc' );

$GLOBALS['xmlrpc_internalencoding']='UTF-8';

$user = 'admin';
$password = 'acmePass123';
$dbname = 'acme123';

$server_url = 'http://192.168.4.2:8069'; 
$conn = new xmlrpc_client($server_url . "/xmlrpc/common");
$conn->setSSLVerifyPeer(0);

$c_msg = new xmlrpcmsg('login');
$c_msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($dbname, "string"));
$c_msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($user, "string"));
$c_msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($password, "string"));
$c_response = $conn->send($c_msg);

if ($c_response->errno != 0){
    echo  '<p>error : ' . $c_response->faultString() . '</p>';
}
else{
    $uid = $c_response->value()->scalarval();

$values = array ( 
        'product_id'=>new xmlrpcval(8,"int"), 
        'new_quantity'=>new xmlrpcval(7.0, "float"), 
        'location_id'=>new xmlrpcval(12,"int")                         
        ); 

$client = new xmlrpc_client($server_url . "/xmlrpc/object");
    $client->setSSLVerifyPeer(0);

$msg = new xmlrpcmsg('execute'); 
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($dbname, "string")); 
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($uid, "int")); 
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($password, "string")); 
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval("stock.change.product.qty", "string")); 
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval("change_product_qty", "string"));  
    $msg->addParam(new xmlrpcval($values, "struct")); 
    $response = $client->send($msg);

if ($response->faultCode()){
        echo $response->faultString();
    } else {   
      echo '<h2>Update Completed Successfully</h2>';
    }
}
?>

I am able to connect to the system with the above code, but I get an error trying to access the database (full traceback not shown for brevity):

ERROR acme123 openerp.sql_db: bad query:  SELECT "stock_change_product_qty"."write_uid","stock_change_product_qty"."new_quantity","stock_change_product_qty"."id","stock_change_product_qty"."product_id","stock_change_product_qty"."write_date","stock_change_product_qty"."create_date","stock_change_product_qty"."create_uid","stock_change_product_qty"."location_id","stock_change_product_qty"."lot_id" FROM "stock_change_product_qty"
                        WHERE "stock_change_product_qty".id IN ('new_quantity', 'location_id', 'product_id')  ORDER BY "stock_change_product_qty"."id" 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/sql_db.py", line 234, in execute
    res = self._obj.execute(query, params)
DataError: invalid input syntax for integer: "new_quantity"
LINE 2: ...          WHERE "stock_change_product_qty".id IN ('new_quant...

The error message itself is clear, but does not give me any idea where to go next. As I am only guessing at the proper calls to make in the code, I clearly have called something incorrectly. I am unsure of the following:

1) What is the correct method to call
2) What is the correct model to specify (I don't know how to find the model that is associated with a method)
3) The correct parameter list for the call

If anyone can even just point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help you can give.

Discard

Thien, Did you ever figure this out? I'm working on a similar situation, but using straight python to import new products into a system. I'd like to bring the qty in as well, but it doesn't work when trying to update Product.product or product.template directly. I think the answer is to do a stock move, but i'm not sure.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I am traveling in some remote places and have spotty internet connection. I gave up trying to do this via xmlrpc and chose the (admittely) dangerous route of updating the database directly.

On July 6, 2015 4:25:11 PM EDT, Nicholas Burdick <nick@openerpacademy.com> wrote:

Thien, Did you ever figure this out? I'm working on a similar situation, but using straight python to import new products into a system. I'd like to bring the qty in as well, but it doesn't work when trying to update Product.product or product.template directly. I think the answer is to do a stock move, but i'm not sure.

--
Nicholas Burdick
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Update Quantity on Hand via XMLRPC and PHP

--
Thien Nguyen
Best Answer

Thien's initial request is quite old. Since I was struggling for quite a while now on the same issue, I'd like to share my solution anyways.

To update the quantity of a product via xmlrpc, proceed as follows:

1) Get hold of the product ID in Odoo, e.g. by searching 'product.product' (I use the field 'default_code' to map Odoo products with my own product model)

2) Create an instance of the wizard 'stock.change.product.qty' with the desired values for the fields 'product_id' and 'new_quantity'. You may optionally provide 'location_id' (and also 'lot_id'). If omitted, the quantity is booked to the default location 'Stock'.

3) Call the method 'change_product_qty' on the wizard.

I use the excellent Java API provided here: https://github.com/DeBortoliWines/openerp-java-api along with Odoo 8.0. The relevant code looks like this:

public void updateQuantity(Product product) {
try {
// 1) fetch Odoo product and location ID
int productId = getOdooProductId(product);
if (productId <= 0) {
throw new OdooIntegrationException(format(
"product %s with id %s not found in Odoo", product.getName(), product.getId()));
 }
 int locationId = getLocationId(product);

// 2) create wizard instance
 ObjectAdapter wizardAdapter = odooSession.getObjectAdapter("stock.change.product.qty");

Row wizard = wizardAdapter.getNewRow(new String[] { "product_id", "location_id", "new_quantity" });
 wizard.put("product_id", productId);
wizard.put("location_id", locationId);
 wizard.put("new_quantity", product.getInventory());

wizardAdapter.createObject(wizard);
 // 3) call change_product_qty() on the wizard
 odooSession.executeCommand("stock.change.product.qty", "change_product_qty", new Object[] {
 data.get("id"),
  odooSession.getContext()
  });
} catch (XmlRpcException | OpeneERPApiException e) {
  throw new OdooIntegrationException("inventory update failed", e);
}
}

It should be easy to translate this into native XML-RPC calls if required. The wizard itself creates a 'stock.inventory' and 'stock.inventory.line' item for the given product. You find the source code (v8.0) here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/stock/wizard/stock_change_product_qty.py

Discard
Best Answer

Ahmed,

What error are you getting? I'd be happy to help as I am working within Python using the XML RPC and having no issues updating quantity, just updating product.product_qty works fine for me. 

Something like:

template =
{
'product_qty': '12',
}

sock.execute(dbname, uid, pwd, 'product.product','write', dbkey, template)
Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

i need to update a product quantity in odoo v8, anyone got any ideas ?
Thank you.

Discard

See my reply.