This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I'm not really sure how to use search function correctly lets say i want to find start_date based on the id?

Example

def end_date(self, cr, uid, ids, values, arg, context):
            y = self.pool.get('pp.control')
            other_table2 = y.search(cr, uid,[('id','=','4')])

this gives me result 4, but lets say if i want to retreave start_date from pp.control where id =4? is it possible with search? or is it possible to search the value with multiple conditions like id=4 and some_field=some_value?

Also i tried to do that with cr.execute, it works fine but the issue im facing that it gives me results like : ('2015-02-19',)

There is any way to get only 2015-02-19?

example code:

x={}
            for record in self.browse(cr, uid, ids):
                cr.execute("SELECT start_date FROM pp_control WHERE  id = 4")
                res =  cr.fetchone()               
                x[record.id] = res
            return x

Any help and examples would be appreciated

Thank you,

Discard
Best Answer

hello,

Try this,

other_table2 = y.search(cr, uid,[('id','=','4'), ('other_field', '=', True)])

record = y.browse(cr, uid, other_table2[0])

#in search method, you can give as many search criteria as you want

you can get value by accessing this way record.start_date will give you output as 2015-02-19

For more details, Go through Doc

Hope this will help you.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the multiple condition i got that :),

but considering the other_table2.start_date

other_table2 = y.search(cr, uid,[('id','=','4')])
            res = other_table2.start_date
            return res

_columns = {
    'name': fields.many2one('xref.option', 'Platform', required=True, domain="[('type','=','Platform')]"),
    'end_date' : fields.function(end_date, method=True, string='End Date', type="char")

im getting 

end_date res = other_table2.start_date AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'start_date'

Discard

It should be res = other_table2[0].start_date

Author

then i get this ;/ end_date res = other_table2[0].start_date AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'start_date'

From above code, It would be better to use, browse method if you want to fetch any record through id only, you can go through doc which i have mentioned in my answer to know use of browse method.

Oh yeah, Its 7.0 version. check my updated answer to get solution

Author

with your updated answer i will get result 4 not the start_date from pp.control, but thanks for your patience, i will have a look at that documentation to get understanding.

check again, you should will get browsable record of id 4, and access like record.start_date, If still facing issue, let me know

Author

My apologies, haven't seen record.start_date, it's works :) Many thanks Mansi Kariya!

Hello,
Sorry for contacting you through mail directly.

Your help really assisted me, i got also some questions like.

I want to replace that 4 with attribute but record.control_id outputs pp.control(4,) which is correct but how to retrieve raw data only 4? without pp.control?

Code example below:

x={}

for record in self.browse(cr, uid, ids):
                other_table2 = y.search(cr, uid,[('id','=',record.control_id)])
                #other_table2 = y.search(cr, uid,[('id','=','4')])
                res2 = y.browse(cr, uid, other_table2[0])                          
                x[record.id] = (datetime.strptime(res2.start_date, '%Y-%m-%d') + relativedelta(months=record.platform_duration)).strftime('%Y-%m-%d')             
            return x

_columns = {
    'name': fields.many2one('xref.option', 'Platform', required=True, domain="[('type','=','Platform')]"),
    'platform_start': fields.integer('Platform Start', help='Month during which platform will first be required'),
    'platform_duration': fields.integer('Duration', help='Number of months that that the platform is required)'),
    'control_id': fields.many2one('pp.control', 'Plan'),
    #'end_date': fields.char(compute='_end_date', string='End Date', help='Calculated as start date plus duration in months'),
    'end_date' : fields.function(end_date, method=True, string='End Date', type="char")

Thanks in advance :)

On 25 February 2015 at 11:49, Mansi Kariya (mka) <mka@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

check again, you should will get browsable record of id 4, and access like record.start_date, If still facing issue, let me know

--

Darius Martinkus | Zeraxis Limited
E: darius.martinkus@zeraxis.com
M: 07450292546 | T: 020 8253 8015

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Zeraxis Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.