This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I'm in Ireland. I'm a startup sole trader. I set up a "generic" cloud version, i.e. not country specific. I haven't entered any transactions yet.

How do I compute, report and file VAT returns for Ireland? How do I make sure the EU statistics on trading details are correctly computed and reported?

Should I start instead from a UK version? (If so, how do I do that, as I started with a generic version? How would I change the base currency to €, and change the various VAT rates?)

In Ireland one can reclaim VAT on purchases during a given period, even if they have not yet been paid for--this is different from UK rules. How would I change the VAT reporting to suit Irish tax rules?

I see various tax options listed, where can I find out what they mean? 

Discard

@Catherine Ansbro Have you got it sorted since? I'm working on startup business as well and looking for Irish chart of account as well.

Hello Andras,

No, unfortunately not.

I'd like to use Odoo but I'm not in a position with a small start-up to commit to paying an outsider for something that should be so simple to do with what seems to be a powerful and flexible tool (Odoo).

I wish the Forum could provide specific guidelines.  (What are the specific fields that might have to changed, and how does one then set up & "do" a monthly VAT return?) (I am sure Odoo can do it simply--it does it for UK--but how to make the simple changes needed for Ireland? I bet there are other countries that also might want to make a few changes from another country's template.)

Regards,
Catherine

On 05/11/2015 22:57, Andras Katona wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1446764275.867611885070801.160976737087718-openerp-77035-forum.post@accounts-a.odoo.com" type="cite">

@Catherine Ansbro Have you got it sorted since? I'm working on startup business as well and looking for Irish chart of account as well.

--
Andras Katona
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to configure my accounts correctly for Irish VAT and EU annual trade statistics?

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7163 / Virus Database: 4457/10976 - Release Date: 11/10/15

Best Answer

Hi Catherine Ansbro,

Target Integration had created an app called Irish coa. https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/irish_coa/

This app will help you to manage.

1. A Chart Of Accounts Customised to Ireland.

2. Vat Rates And Structure.

3. IE Counties List.

And it Takes Base currency Euro for accounting.

If you need any info regarding this you can E-Mail At  info@targetintegration.com

Thanks

Target Integration

Discard