This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello all,

I got 2 raspberry pi model B (to emulate 2 stores), I burned the pos_image_v10 on each SD card and started the "POSBOX", it works fine, the service starts and so on, but I'm not sure how is it supposed to be linked to my Odoo installation in my amazon VM (to fetch all my products).

I would like to be able to see the products which are registered on my amazon VM, in my tablet and print the vouchers in the printer connected to the POSBOX (just like the posbox demo).

I'm I doing something wrong? Which step am I skipping?

Best regards
Alejandro

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Alejandro,

I am doing this in all my client installations. I configured my raspberry pi odoo configuration to use the database of my main odoo server. Now all my raspberry pis are getting their products, sending sales, inventory movements, etc. to and from my main server. 

Let me know if you need the details.

Discard

Hi Edwin, Any tutorial on how to prepare posbox using my server instance Odoo

Hi Melvin,

For reason's I am still exploring I cannot post my response to you in the forum. So let me reply here instead.

I don't have any good reference I could recommend regarding this. Let me share what we have in our setup instead:

1. Our Odoo server is hosted in our cloud server (digitalocean) 
2. Our locally installed raspberrypi with POSBOX and no postgresql database server running.
3. We configured our raspberrypi POSBOX via the Odoo server config file to connect to our Postgresql in our digitalocean VM
4. Configure the hardware proxy to point to the raspberrypi POSBOX.
5. That's it.

Let me know if you need more info about this.

Edwin

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Melvin Martinez <melvinmr-hotmail-com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

Hi Edwin, Any tutorial on how to prepare posbox using my server instance Odoo

--
Melvin Martinez
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False

Best Answer

Hi there Alejandro,

I installed it on my Raspberry Pi 2 also.  I can get it to print the IP address when it boots up, but I am not sure how to get my Odoo server to connect to it.

Also, on my iPad / Android tablet, do I just use the web browser and point to the Odoo installation on my server?  There aren't any tutorials for this at all.  

How did you set yours up?  Cheers.

*EDIT: Finally managed to get it to detect the POSBox.  Simply enable the Print via proxy setting under Point-of-sales and select the terminal (my default was named "Main").  Enter the IP of the POSBox in the field and that's it.

Discard