This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have been trying to move from MailChimp to Mass Mail in Odoo 8 but am finding many issues.

The major issue is a significant number of emails not recieved
A typical email out will go to 1700 people but ony 75% are are shown as sent in the stats and a 22% open rate.
Compare this with MailChimp, all were sent and 41% open rate.

I did a test 2 days a go where I sent an email from both systems and found several hundred people replied to the MailChimp saying they had not recieved the Odoo mail and it was not in the spam folder.

Other issues are being able to use a 3 column layout formats diferently in some mail clients and is not easily readable

Bounced emails do not show the bounce reason so I have no idea what to look into to fix the bounce.

If you have identified any solutions to the above I and my developer would love to know.

Tim

Discard

Can you see the failed / bounced e-mails under settings > Email > Emails? If so, in what state/color are they? You could always try to re-send them from there by the way. It is not ideal and not the perfect way but hey atleast you get your e-mails out. Another way to find out more is to try and send some e-mails while you have the option --log-level=debug set when you start your Odoo server. By doing so you will get a lot more details in your Ubuntu terminal and perhaps one pops up there which gives you an idea about what is wrong!

Thanks for contacting me

Yes I can see them there in red but there are no details as to why they bounced.
I need an end user solution to the problem so the log will not help

Tim

On 9 January 2015 at 19:07, Yenthe <yenthespam@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you see the failed / bounced e-mails under settings > Email > Emails? If so, in what state/color are they? You could always try to re-send them from there by the way. It is not ideal and not the perfect way but hey atleast you get your e-mails out. Another way to find out more is to try and send some e-mails while you have the option --log-level=debug set when you start your Odoo server. By doing so you will get a lot more details in your Ubuntu terminal and perhaps one pops up there which gives you an idea about what is wrong!

--
Yenthe
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Moving from MailChimp

Best Answer

@Tim,

Sorry, i've just seen this thread. I think that Mailchimp is as much about the deliverability platform as it is about the functionality.

Right now Odoo has built in some of the functionality of Mailchimp into Odoo, but the Mailchimp platform works on top of Mandrill (the engine running mailchimp) and this platform in my experience has better deliverability than your standard email hosting setup.

There are a host of reasons why this is the case, but what I would recommend is looking into sending your mass mailing campaigns from Odoo with mandrill as the outgoing mail server. I've done this for newsletters as well as transactional emails, and it works great.

You have all the benefits of Mailchimp from the Mandrill dashboard as well as Odoo's features as well.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Martin,

I gave up due to lack of response and moved back to MailChimp.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Tim,

Did you solved the "Emails not received issue" and were you successful by moving to odoo?

How did you implement the autoresponder / workflow feature in odoo?

Do you have the same issue as descripted here:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/send-mail-after-lead-creation-email-autoresponder-via-automated-action-81479

Thanks, Martin

Discard