This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to btain a csv upload interface for version 8?  If so where and how can I obtain it.  I did do a search but could not get a response on it.

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

Not quite sure what you want? A way to upload CSV files or the GTK client? If you mean the first, then just use the web version, that should be fine.

The GTK client has been abandoned for quite some time now. Ever since the introduction of the web client as primary interface, the GTK client has been shut down. The last GTK client I can think of existed for OpenERP 6.1 or before. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

Many thanks for your response.

I was reading the document  https://doc.odoo.com/v6.1/book/8/8_20_Config/8_20_Config_import_export/#importing-csv-data-to-openerp

In here they refer to gtk to do csv uploads.  All I would like to do is to "upload" / "import" data from our existing system into odoo

Regards

Discard

The document you are reading is for version 6.1 of OpenERP/Odoo. That was the last version to include a GTK client. You can import data from a CSV using the web client just as easy. Go to the list view of the object you want to import the data into, then make sure to click the "import" button next to the "CREATE" button. Follow the instructions on screen. If you somehow get stuck, just open a new question here and/or use the search function. Questions about importing data have been answered before.

Many thanks,

I did come right

On 2014-12-31 03:23 PM, Ludo - Neobis wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1420032184.972253084182739.210638663039934-openerp-71727-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

The document you are reading is for version 6.1 of OpenERP/Odoo. That was the last version to include a GTK client. You can import data from a CSV using the web client just as easy. Go to the list view of the object you want to import the data into, then make sure to click the "import" button next to the "CREATE" button. Follow the instructions on screen. If you somehow get stuck, just open a new question here and/or use the search function. Questions about importing data have been answered before.

--
Ludo - Neobis
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5577 / Virus Database: 4257/8841 - Release Date: 12/30/14