This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Can I design a website using Odoo and then take the website and host it anywhere without installing Odoo? If yes, How?

Discard
Author

Thanks Luke. Would you please explain what this will do.And how will it know where the Odoo website is?

@Hesham, This will download a copy of the website in HTML-only format. You will have copies of all the images, javascript, css, and html that is used to render the website copied to your local machine (wherever you used the wget command from). You can then upload these files onto any webserver and you will have your website as you created it in Odoo.

Thanks Luke, I will try it.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Luke <luke-weairsoft-com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

@Hesham, This will download a copy of the website in HTML-only format. You will have copies of all the images, javascript, css, and html that is used to render the website copied to your local machine (wherever you used the wget command from). You can then upload these files onto any webserver and you will have your website as you created it in Odoo.

Author

Hi Stephen, I am unable to comment as I still lack enough karmas. The question is about already developed websites, so no new effort will be done.

Best Answer

@Hesham, technically it's possible with a command called wget in linux: wget --recursive --no-clobber --page-requisites --html-extension --convert-links --restrict-file-names=windows --domains yourwebsite.com --no-parent www.yourwebsite.com just replace the yourwebsite.com domain with the domain of your finished Odoo website.

Discard
Best Answer

So you only want static html files that will be almost impossible to change?  If you are going to all that trouble, there are much better design tools than odoo CMS.

Will you want to capture visiting contact details?  Or do you wish to have any dynamic content on your website?

You don't have to install any module that you don't need (accounting, warehouse, etc). 

I guess I just don't understand why you would want to do what you are asking. 

Discard