This question has been flagged
1 Reply

ValidateError

Field(s) `currency_id` failed against a constraint: The selected account of your Journal Entry forces to provide a secondary currency. You should remove the secondary currency on the account or select a multi-currency view on the journal.

Discard

In case you use default Costa Rican account plan, you need to change second currency in all relevant accounts, after enabling multi-currency support. Once done it should work fine. Never found out a reason for that but workaround should be fine.

Thanks Chris...thats work fine......firstable I tried to setup the accounts with CRC as secondary currency....but I got an error....so I changed it for USD and then I was able to book the entry.....should I keep my company setup with enabling multicurrency? Must I setup all my accounts with USD as second currency?

Willy Ruiz
SpeedCar
Centro Automotriz
Para reservaciones, visite: www.speedcarcr.com

On 25/10/2014, at 04:16 p.m., "Chris Z." <info@businesstec.net> wrote:

In case you use default Costa Rican account plan, you need to change second currency in all relevant accounts, after enabling multi-currency support. Once done it should work fine. Never found out a reason for that but workaround should be fine.

--
Chris Z.
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post I'm trying to post a journal entry in a not multicurrency company and I'm getting the error below any idea hot can I fix it?

You don't need to - it is initial config which causes an issue - now if you switch back to single currency setup it should be fine.

My base currency is CRC, I had to keep active the flag of multicurrency, when I removed the flag I was not able to post additional entries.

Willy Ruiz
SpeedCar
Centro Automotriz
Para reservaciones, visite: www.speedcarcr.com

On 28/10/2014, at 09:22 p.m., "Chris Z." <info@businesstec.net> wrote:

A new answer for I'm trying to post a journal entry in a not multicurrency company and I'm getting the error below any idea hot can I fix it? has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--
Chris Z.
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post I'm trying to post a journal entry in a not multicurrency company and I'm getting the error below any idea hot can I fix it?
Best Answer

Just to double check - which was the base currency in your setup?

Discard