This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I installed Odoo and running it local.  It is extremely slow - you click a menu item or an app and there is a 3 to 5 second lag time before Odoo responds.  Are there any settings on my machine that I should check to see if I can speed things up?  Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Generally, it sounds weird, so I think it might a DNS issue.. Please try accessing it via 127.0.0.1

The same for DB server address.. Once I had such an issue with wordpress.. :)

Discard

Wow, this saved me so much time. For me, this is a 100x improvement.

Using the localhost URL, after I update my custom module, the first refresh takes over 1 minute (and also everything else is super slow all the time).

Using 127.0.0.1 everything loads super fast, under 1 second.

Thank you a lot :)

This is the solution for my case as well. Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what your server specs are but I'm running in a single CPU VM with 2 GB of RAM. Certainly minimal server specs and it's snappy as can be for me. Very responsive and a real improvement on v7.

Edit (specs description)

On v7, I'm using nginx with a tuned psql. On v8, I've been testing out of the box with the builtin Odoo server. So the amounts of data between v7 and v8 are different in my case. However, in spite of the tuning differences, v8 feels quite responsive on my local network. I don't use SAS so I can't answer for the hosted version.

Discard

Can you elaborate on the specifics of your setup? Are you using a web server such as nginx, Apache or even varnish? Which modules are your running? Are you running psql out of the box?

Best Answer

Myke, it's a world question. Odoo is lazy for nature. I tested into Odoo official server and see the same slow. Some blogs said that Odoo is slow because the version of database, the Firebird, but looking around the software, I convinced that the show happen because de way of requests. Apparently, ever request are JSON, and make it's a lot of strings loading, by http protocol.

My apologies for my mistakes in english, I'll improving! lol ..I hope I've been able to help you.

Best regards,

Discard
Author

Thanks - I now know that others experience this and it is not my machine or setup. No problem on your English - you wrote very well and I understood all of your comments.

Cool Mike, I'm happy with your comments :)

Em 03/10/2014 15:00, "Mike Paulin" <portaltemplate24302@mail.odoo.com> escreveu:

Thanks - I now know that others experience this and it is not my machine or setup. No problem on your English - you wrote very well and I understood all of your comments.

--
Mike Paulin
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False
Best Answer

A 'localhost' installation of Odoo is quote a bit faster than what you experience online.  Under windows, with a 2GB virtual Ubuntu machine, all menus resolve to a view within a second with the included demo data.

What are the specs of your machine?

Discard