This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Can i please have a step by step procedure of how to update openerp v7 to the latest nighly build?

Discard

How did you install it? Did you use git or bzr to pull it from the repo? Did you install using apt-get? Or did you download the source from the nightly.odoo.com repo?

i downloaded the source file through nightly.odoo.com repo..but that was long ago..and now some bug fixes have been made in the latest nightly versions so i wold like to update mine
On 31/08/2014 21:59, Nicholas Burdick wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1409518791.408042907714844.283833400821907-openerp-61571-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

How did you install it? Did you use git or bzr to pull it from the repo? Did you install using apt-get? Or did you download the source from the nightly.odoo.com repo?

--
Nicholas Burdick
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How do i Update Openerp v7 to the latest code?
Author

downloaded the source file through nightly.odoo.com repo..but that was long ago..and now some bug fixes have been made in the latest nightly versions so i wold like to update mine

Best Answer

If you have downloaded the latest nightly, then you would replace it with the latest nightly again. This would insure you have the same source.

However, I would personally recommend using the GIT branch from that moment on. Using git (github.com/odoo) will allow you to simply jump to he latest revision using a command instead of manually replacing your odoo instance.

Discard
Author

Ok thanks, how do i use the github..as i said earlier, i have never done this before and i am a novice and don't know much about this, i would like a step by step procedure on how to go about this so i do not loose any customization or data on my instance.

For that question, just browse this forum, it has a lot of answers on the subject. If you made your customisation into separate modules as intended, you should not have to worry about losing any of them.

I agree with Leo, the GIT branch makes it easier to update. Check out Andre schenkels posts on his blog to help understand how to install odoo with GIT. http://www.schenkels.nl/2014/05/install-odoo-v7-from-github-ubuntu-14-04-lts-formerly-openerp/