This question has been flagged
9 Replies

Is anyone aware of any work to integrate Odoo with shipment tracking systems like aftership, faro or packagtrackr. These systems each provide a standardised way of getting tracking status updates from a wide variety of different courier tracking companies.

Note - I am not interested in the process of creating and booking the shipment - there are very many ways of doing this - direct with courier (like fedex, UPS etc), online via shipping integrators (like interparcel, parcel2go etc) or by 3rd parties (amazon, shipwire, our own 3PL etc).

Odoo is getting strong on pre-sales customer handling and we would need integrations like this to ensure that post-sales customer handling (eg delivery emails, exception issue tracking, post-delivery survey request) are equally strong and to demonstrate that we are able to provide end-to-end service to our customers.

Discard

Also interested in this. I've used Aftership with Magento and it works quite well. Saves on after sales support tickets. I will contact them to suggest creating a module for plugging into their API: https://www.aftership.com/docs/api/3.0

Luke,

let me know how you get on - this kind of functionality is surely the kind that fabien would be keen to encourage - the online nature of odoo as erp is perfect for this kind of saas-saas integration. I'm keen on sticking with Odoo's saas if at all possible (who can pass up the chance to have all their upgrades down for them !!!) so if we could get aftership to work with odoo to create a module that goes straight into the saas core I would be delighted, and I think odoo would get a seriously powerful new feature. After all Odoo have committed to working with gengo for the translations on the web front-end - I see aftership as a similar value add collaboration that should appeal to odoo senior management. I would suggest that you pitch the idea to fabien or oliver to see if they are already working on it or something similar. Fabien keeps dropping hints about how amazing v9 is going to be - if they did this integration that would be impressive in my book.

regards

Kurt

Dr. Kurt Haselwimmer
Director

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hertford Developments Ltd
Willow House, 100 High Street, Somersham, PE28 3EH
Tel +44 (0) 845 899 0257  Fax +44 (0) 845 899 0259
------------------------------------------------------------- 

Also interested in this. I've used Aftership with Magento and it works quite well. Saves on after sales support tickets. I will contact them to suggest creating a module for plugging into their API: https://www.aftership.com/docs/api/3.0

--
Luke Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

Author

Would be very interested to hear how your approach to aftership works out - before a complete module is considered (and all the associated work/time delays) I wonder if there are simpler (albeit perhaps dirtier) workarounds that might use aftership emails or hooks to send information back to odoo or odoo-on-saas without requiring a module to be written or installed.

Author Best Answer

I have built a working integration based upon server actions, so that it can run on odoo-on-saas - anybody interested is invited to contact me at kurt (at) hertford-developments (dot) co (dot) uk.

Discard
Author

We're planning on putting the installation of this together as a video. It should be quite instructive as it shows how it is possible to build working integrations between odoo-on-saas and other online platforms in an incremental fashion. It also shows how the real-time tracking data pulled back from aftership can be used to drive email updates from within odoo so that the customer email experience is a consistent one.

Best Answer

Yes. There are really more and more package tracking integrations. Apart from the above mentioned, i know that a nice website named Trackingmore also provides integrations: http://www.trackingmore.com/api-index-en.html. It supports 380+ couriers which can meet my requirements well. Now I am using its services at present and it amazed me that they provides so fast and accurate tracking speed and results but with so low price. Nice job!

Discard
Best Answer

I think you will find the most similarities when you searching everything about Trackingmore

https://www.trackingmore.com/

Discard
Best Answer

would be interested in this too!

Discard
Author

Any ideas on my above quick-and-dirty aftership integration request ?