This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Once you clicked it will save your data even

without clicking the real or parent button which is the Save Button ?

It is very hard to control. Any solution for this?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Abegail,

As an architecture, when a button is clicked, it would need the other filelds of the record and hence the save action on button click is must.

What is your porpose, we can discuss here and you can get the help.

Thanks.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I have problem if the users click the button then the data being written on the form will be save but what if the users discard it, The data will remain. I think this is very crucial when you made some changes in your record but you dont like to save it because you already hit the button when doing some changes you can't restore it back even discard it.

This is my possible scenario that might happen on the module I am developing.

Can you give me an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks.

Discard

Abegail, You may handle it via overriding the create() and write(). Button click goes to these methods only. How would you assure the RIGHT(not the left,right, but true click) click is done by user? You have to differenciate an accidental click and right click. You might add up a field which is a checkbox...Use will fill everything and click on that checkbox to say he 'completed' the entry. On create(), you keep the check of that field and proceed; block otherwise. Thanks.

What I did is to raise an exception , instead of check box I made a selection , the users need  select if this data need to be save.
Actually I am developing a hospital billing module , thank you for your time and efforts in answering my questions.   

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. <serpentcs-lp-gmail-com@openerp.my.openerp.com> wrote:

Abegail, You may handle it via overriding the create() and write(). Button click goes to these methods only. How would you assure the RIGHT(not the left,right, but true click) click is done by user? You have to differenciate an accidental click and right click. You might add up a field which is a checkbox...Use will fill everything and click on that checkbox to say he 'completed' the entry. On create(), you keep the check of that field and proceed; block otherwise. Thanks.

--
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Sent by OpenERP S.A. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

--
Abegail G. Sanchez
IT Assistant-Software Developer/Computer Programmer
Information Systems Office
Philippine General Hospital