This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How do you setup the local email server in a way that all email aliases will work automatically?

Discard

Hello, From settings > Technical > Email > Incoming mail server & Outgoing mail server You can setup local email servers from there. Hope It will help you. Regards, Devishree(DBR)

Yes here you can make the setup, but how?

Has this been answered somwhere?

Hello,
I use Zimbra. You can install on the same server as openerp, but I would not. I would just have a server with multiple virtual machines. If you need help, please let me know.
TX,
ER
--

E.R. Spada II  owner  |   er@eugeconsulting.com  |  Direct.  518 365 7854 |  Fax.  518 459 7025
EUGE Consulting  | 107 Everett Road  |  Albany, New York 12205  |  http://www.eugeconsulting.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

On Aug 5, 2014, at 11:45 PM, David Arnold <david@elaleman.co> wrote:

Has this been answered somwhere?

--
David Arnold Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

Best Answer

I have a specific question since we are settting up Openerp for live system and need the email to work properly. I did notice that OpenERP uses the domain openerp.my.openerp.com when they are send quotes to me, such as : ""Germana Freitas (gfr)" gfr@openerp.my.openerp.com" is that the alias domian? Because when she emails me directly she sends it from: "Germana Freitas gfr@openerp.com" We use zimbra as our local mail server and I can do whatever is needed.

So what is the setup? On the user side is her email: gfr@openerp.com and the alias gfr@openerp.my.openerp.com? The popup note on the company setting alias domian says "If you have a catch-all domain redirected to the OPENerp Server, enter the domian name here."

So I am creating mx records for the alias domain? Also It has been noted that you cannot have mail turned on for a user with the same email and alias email which would cause an infinite loop, which is correct. So do you have every user have an incoming mail server with a different login? or sales1@hriscoffee.com logs in and sends and receives mail for openerp?

If you assume that a company has total control of the domains, servers, etc... What is the best practices for setting up the mail? TX, ER

Discard