Help

Database backup error: Postgres subprocess ('/usr/bin/pg_dump', '--no-owner', '--file=/tmp/tmpAa0O5Q/dump.sql', u'ahlain_db01') error 1

Hi, While taking backup from odoo 10 Enterprise getting error ,

Database backup error: Postgres subprocess ('/usr/bin/pg_dump', '--no-owner', '--file=/tmp/tmpAa0O5Q/dump.sql', u'ahlain_db01') error 1

my instance is hosted on AWS,

thanks 

"PostgreSQL 9.5.6 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609, 64-bit"

1 备注
头像
丢弃
Gregory Gillis
-

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issues restoring a backup.

6 答案
Best Answer

Hi,

In my case I had added one test table while was causing this issue then I had dropped that table as seems any object creation you might need to register or update scripts. Hope this will help. thanks

2 注释
头像
丢弃
Mian Kamran
-

Malik Sikandar Hayat, You are a life saver brother.

LaoThai
-

I did the same as you say but it still have this error, how can i fix it?

Bodi
Best Answer

This error is not very useful as such, error 1 means for sure there is an error, but not more.

While running pg_dump, one should examine the output for any warnings (printed on standard error).

So I had there the following:

pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: server version: 12.4 (Ubuntu 12.4-1.pgdg20.04+1); pg_dump version: 10.14 (Ubuntu 10.14-1.pgdg20.04+1)

So in this case, you shall solve the version mismatch.

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

头像
丢弃
Grzegorz Krukar
Best Answer

This looks like postgresql error. Please try to create manual full backup from /web/database/manager

头像
丢弃
Hervé
Best Answer

I got the same error, but it was because I run odoo with docker, postgres and odoo are in 2 different containers, and retrying the pg_dump from my odoo container I got this error "Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?" => and in my case, the answer was no to the 2 parts of the question.

To get a quick turnaround, I decided to run separatly the pg_dump from my postgres container et the tar.gz of the filestore from the odoo container

头像
丢弃
Manu Miu
Best Answer

For me it was because I was using postgres 12 instead of 11.

Have a look here: \https://github.com/minhng92/odoo-13-docker-compose/issues/1

头像
丢弃
Gagea Alexandru
Best Answer

Thank you Malik. Your answer solved it for me. I had 2 tables created from pgadmin, i dropped them and the backup worked. If you want new tables in your odoo database, create them from studio, if you are on an Enterprise version.

头像
丢弃