Introduction to the Revenue Reconciliation Mechanism
6. Record Payments From Invoices
17. Bank Reconciliation
21. Batch Deposit
25. Intermediary Entries
30. Questions ?
8. From the invoice Full Payment
11. Record Payments From Transaction Statements
22. Batch Deposit Your clients pay by check
23. Batch Deposit Send a batch deposit to your bank
24. Batch Deposit Reconcile it with the related bank statement line
27. Intermediary Entries Trick : use the Operation Templates to apply preset counterparts.
13. From transaction statements Statement encoding/import Then click
14. From transaction statements Full Reconciliation -> Invoice closed
15. From transaction statements Partial Reconciliation -> Invoice still open with due amount updated accordingly
16. From transaction statements Write-offs (e.g. Discount for early payment) -> Invoice closed, write-off encoded as an expense
18. Bank Reconciliation Statements lines may also be reconciled with existing payment lines already reconciled with Receivable/Payable items.
1. Introduction to the Revenue Reconciliation Mechanism Frédéric Gilson – Odoo Professional Services
9. From the invoice Partial Payment & Write-offs o Write-off : e.g. discounts for early payment
20. Bank Reconciliation o Works exaclty like Invoice/Payment reconciliation. o Does not generate any journal entry.
10. From the invoice Trick : One payment for a couple of invoices o Record the payment outside the invoice o Open each invoice and reconcile with the payment
4. Introduction o Monitor your cash level o Track the remaining balances your clients owe you o Launch follow-up actions Why recording payments & reconciling with invoices?
12. From transaction statements o Bank, credit card, online payments, etc. o If the # of transactions requires batch processing o Ability to import from third-party systems o Tailored for accountants
3. Introduction o Issue customer invoices o Encode supplier bills & Process payments o Review payment statements o Update partner balances accordingly o Send payment reminders to clients As an Accountant, my weekly tasks consist in:
31. Odoo firstname.lastname@example.org +32 (0) 2 290 34 90 www.odoo.com R&D and services office Chaussée de Namur 40 B-1367 Grand Rosière Sales office Avenue Van Nieuwenhuyse 5 B-1160 Brussels Thank You
7. From the invoice o Tailored for : – Small-size businesses without extended Accounting skills – < 100 transactions/month – Payments at the counter o Automatically reconciled
29. Conclusion With new Odoo apps for Billing & Accounting, record & reconcile payments the way that fits your own payment procedures (# of transactions, regional habits) in order to drastically improve your follow-up process and to get accurate book entries . Interfaces for Batch Deposit and Bank Reconciliation will be available in Odoo 9.
19. Bank Reconciliation Useful in a couple of situations : o Recording of a payment proof, o Payment at the counter (card, cash), o Bank statements provided by the bank only once a month, o Transactions with intermediary payment methods (Credit Card, Online Payments, etc.) that can be recorded on the fly (<100 transactions/month), o Etc.
26. Intermediary Entries If intermediary payment methods with more transactions: o Use one journal per payment method o Encode/import statements within those journals o Reconcile the related bank statement line with a specific counterpart balancing the payment method account Credit Card Statement Transaction 1 Transaction 2 Transaction 3 Bank Statement Line 1 Line 2 = Credit Card Balance Line 3
5. Introduction o From the invoice o From transaction statements (bank, cash, credit card, online payments, etc.) Odoo 9 introduces related useful tools: o Bank Reconciliation o Batch Deposit (for checks) o Intermediary Entries (for credit card & online payment) Odoo allows to record & reconcile payments:
- 766 Total Views
- 419 Website Views
- 347 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 www.odoo.com
- 1 www.google.co.in
- 2 www.tinyerp.org
- 3 onlinesync.odoo.com
Keynote: Odoo 9 New Features40501 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- The rationales behind it11240 Views .
Open Source Licenses8606 Views .
Shipper integration - UPS, DHL, FedEx7284 Views .
UX best practices to create your module5892 Views .
Keynote: Odoo Strategy 20155716 Views .
How A/B testing can help you optimize your website5635 Views .
How to use Odoo in a Restaurant5398 Views .
Odoo 9: New Business Model5262 Views .
Odoo cms Performance Comparison and Optimisation4398 Views .
Import and export data - Tips & Tricks3834 Views .
Contributing to the Odoo Community Association (OCA)3723 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- Usability Methodology3709 Views .
First steps in Odoo dev3650 Views .
New Odoo Apps store: How to use it3488 Views .
Advanced Features of the API3421 Views .
Advanced barcodes management3419 Views .
How to use Odoo in a service company3246 Views .