Customer Success - Commune d'Ixelles
28. 28 XLERP
1. XLERP Jeudi 4 juin 2015 Introduction Marc Pirenne
29. Q uestions A answers
5. 5 Purchase problem ! I would like to illustrate this specific feature of the public sector with... a pen ! It might seem a somewhat caricatural example, but when I need a pen, what steps does my lo cal government have to follow in order to obtain it ?
12. 12 Birth of the proje c t In the course of 2013, two factors came together and led to the start of project XLERP.
15. 15 Birth of the proje c t : Goals There were/are 5 goals:
22. 22 Choosing Odoo : The organization The local government is restructuring, new work processes are being developed. The entire structure is extremely volatile and it is not possible to express accurately, compr ehensively and formally all the requirements in terms of software tools.
6. 6 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement 1. Is there a public procurement that already exists ? And if yes, is its budge t not yet exhausted, so as to allow me to purchase an extra pen ?
2. 2 Ixelles - Elsene Ixelles is one of the 19 municipalities of the Brussels Capital Region. Like all Brussels municipalities, it is officially bilingual (French and Dutch). Ixelles is one of the 19 muni cipalities of the Brussels Capital Region. Like all Brussels municipalities, it is officially bilingual (French and Dutch). Ixelles is located in the southeast of Brussels, in the central part of the region. It count s about 85.000 inhabitants on an area of 634 hectares.
3. 3 Ixelles - Elsene The local government offers its citizens a multitude of services. It keeps official record s, organises cultural, educational, social and sports projects, it has services in charge of urban planning, the development of public spaces and their maintenance, and still many others who try to improve the quality of life of those many citizens we like to call « Ixellois » .
7. 7 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement • Budget appropriation 2. If that is the case, I am allowed, with the approval of the accounting dep artment, to ask the College of Mayor and Aldermen to use the necessary budget appro priation from the corresponding budget item.
8. 8 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement • Budget appropriation • Order form 3. Based on this commitment, I can then create an order form and, once si gned by the competent Alderman, send it to the successful tenderer.
16. 16 Birth of the proje c t : Goals H orizontal model instead of vertical model Goal 1 Cross-departmental management and transition from a vertical mode,l with partitions between the different professions, to a global horizontal model which integrates variou s professions.
17. 17 Birth of the proje c t : Goals H orizontal model instead of vertical model Compliance with regulatory framework Goal 2 Compliance with a binding regulatory framework (new municipal law / general regulati ons of municipal accounting / public procurements law).
13. 13 Birth of the proje c t : Elements • Replacement of management software First of all, it became urgent for our operational department to replace its managemen t software, called "Gestra". It was obsolete and it wasn ’ t possible to adapt it to new n eeds. The department was looking for a tool to manage its budget, its public procure ments, its purchases, its technical operations and its estate.
18. 18 Birth of the proje c t : Goals H orizontal model instead of vertical model Compliance with regulatory framework M unicipal processes and administrative procedures Goal 3 Facilitating the management of municipal processes and administrative procedures.
9. 9 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement • Budget appropriation • Order form • Supplier invoice imputation 4. The invoice from the supplier is first recorded in the accounting records a nd then transmitted to the service that placed the order in the first place. The invoice i s then sent back to the accounting department in order to be imputed, and, in simple cases, it well by then be accompanied by a deliberation fixing the market conditions, t he contract award decision and the letter of notification to the successful tenderer.
10. 10 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement • Budget appropriation • Order form • Supplier invoice imputation • Mandate order 5. The accounting department issues a mandate order which is submitted fo r approval by the College in order to pay the bill. Finally, it can pay the amount and cl ose the file.
11. 11 Purchase problem ! • Public procurement • Budget appropriation • Order form • Supplier invoice imputation • Mandate order • ... An small error or omission in the procedure generally results in the cancellation of the whole procedure so that you can start all over again... still without your pen.
26. 26 XLERP So that is how XLERP has become a real business plan, a transformation project that accompanies the ongoing restructuring of the entire organisation. The whole organizat ion needs to be involved for it to work. This system will occupy a central place among the different management tools and will be much more than just an operational manag ement tool, which was the original idea. XLERP will be used to handle all public procurements, as well as their follow-up. In th e end, XLERP will be able to generate all the orders, commitments, supplies and servi ces as well as the validation of the corresponding invoices. It will manage the inventor y and supplies, the clothing and the tools we have. The planning module will manage both one-off interventions and large, complex projects. It will take care of all kinds of aspects, such as human resources, material resources, transport, products and servic es, and it will take into account the constraints of time, availability and costs. Linking i nterventions and purchases to the municipal budget will allow for better budgeting and a more efficient management of all the municipality ’ s resources.
4. 4 Ixelles - Elsene However, the municipality, as a public service, is restricted in its functioning by a stric t and specific normative framework. Three pillars of the framework are the « new muni cipal law » that determines decision-making and the functioning of the administration, the « law on public procurements » which lays down rules of public expenditure and th e « general regulations of municipal accounting » that regulates the book-keeping.
14. 14 Birth of the proje c t : Elements • Replacement of management software • Large reorganizational movement Secondly, and more generally, following new provisions of the « new municipal law » , the municipality had become part of a large reorganizational movement which must le ad to an integrated and cross-departmental management of its resources. The 16 old « directions » were to be reorganized into 6 departments.
21. 21 Choosing Odoo : The scope Covered functional areas Warehouse Purchase Requests Events Vehicules RFP Budget Estate HR Municipalities cover a very large number of functional areas; each of them having to c ollaborate one with each other. Based on our strategic evolution and our short term ne eds, we decided to address, in the first step, the 10 areas as shown on this slide. So we were looking for a software solution which would cover a large number of funct ional areas and which would be part of an integrated management strategy. The natur al response was the implementation of an ERP system.
19. 19 Birth of the proje c t : Goals H orizontal model instead of vertical model Compliance with regulatory framework M unicipal processes and administrative procedures Data c entraliz ation and u pdat ing Goal 4 Avoiding errors by centralizing the data and keeping them always up to date, and auto matically generating documents.
20. 20 Birth of the proje c t : Goals H orizontal model instead of vertical model Compliance with regulatory framework M unicipal processes and administrative procedures Data c entraliz ation and u pdat ing U ser-friendly interface Goal 5 Providing the members of our personnel a user-friendly interface.
23. 23 Choosing Odoo : Classical approach Accounting Interventions manage ment Assets management RFP management Purchase management In traditional approach, each business uses its own dedicated package. This leads to useless cross-communication between the actors. The obvious drawback of this situa tion is the high number of communication channels. Data sharing and exchange are d efinitely inefficient because they are based on • Classical e-mail (most of the time) • Paper documents • Voice calls • Periodic electronic data exchange (limited and actually difficult) We are then facing inaccurate data replication within the entire organization. This prob lem exponentially increases by adding a new business into the picture.
25. 25 Choosing Odoo : Open-source vs Proprietary “ The next generation of computing is bein g led by users, rather than vendors. ” Jim Whitehurs t Open-source software often comes with a feeling of mistrust when compared to soluti ons with a proven track-record and the reputation of large proprietary software compa nies. But it is important to overcome this feeling and compare the existing solutions to the reality of our needs. However, two typical features of ERP proprietary solutions are their high rigidity and th eir low capacity to adapt to particular types of organization. Instead of adapting to the organization ’ s work flow, they regularly ask the organization to adapt to the software. Open source software, however, though it might have a smaller range of standard feat ures, is easier to configurate and easily allows specific custom-made development. F urthermore, thanks to low maintenance costs and no license costs at all, a larger shar e of your budget can be devoted to these adaptations.
27. 27 XLERP We started the project in January 2014 together with NOVIAT (Odoo Gold Partner). Let me share with you some recommendations based on our experience and the advice o f our integrator. • Phase your project. • Build it building block per building block based on the combination of yo ur main business requirements. • Start from the basement, not from the roof. • Focus on business requirerments, not on technical requirements • Draft and validate your business processes before implementing them • Involve key users as soon as possible • Keep it simple and userfriendly • Management of expectation ad expectation of the management • Be practical; don ’ t think that sky is the limit ! • Manage only valuable data • Have regular reviews to validate project progress
24. 24 Choosing Odoo : Integrated approach ERP A ccounting Intervention manage ment Assets m anagement RFP m anagement Purchase m anagement Moving to an integrated approach solves all this issues. Using one single centralized e nvironment to hold all of the data eliminates the cross communication and data replic ation problems. It will allow the organisation • To Increase Productivity • To Improve Data accuracy • To Improve Governance and compliance management • To Increase Data access control, privacy and audit trail. • To Reduce TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) on infrastructure and maintena nce
- 964 Total Views
- 509 Website Views
- 455 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 5 www.odoo.com
- 6 accounts.odoo.com
- 2 yandex.ru
- 6 onlinesync.odoo.com
Keynote: Odoo 9 New Features41152 Views .
Odoo Mobile Development Framework & App build with it12144 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- The rationales behind it11441 Views .
Open Source Licenses9661 Views .
How A/B testing can help you optimize your website9104 Views .
Shipper integration - UPS, DHL, FedEx7613 Views .
Import and export data - Tips & Tricks6799 Views .
UX best practices to create your module6139 Views .
Keynote: Odoo Strategy 20156006 Views .
How to use Odoo in a Restaurant5588 Views .
Odoo 9: New Business Model5453 Views .
Contributing to the Odoo Community Association (OCA)5199 Views .
Odoo cms Performance Comparison and Optimisation4835 Views .
VOIP: One-click Button to Automate Calls4525 Views .
First steps in Odoo dev4049 Views .
Introduction to Odoo Warehouse Management3978 Views .
How to use Odoo in a service company3904 Views .
State of the Odoo JS framework3878 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- Usability Methodology3827 Views .