This question has been flagged

I have a question about Odoo's capabilities, either out of the box or with some custom development or third party apps.  I just got Odoo installed today for evaluation, so I apologize if these questions are already answered in the user docs.  I'm not very familiar with the software yet.  I'd like to know whether Odoo will be able to do what I want before I invest too much time in it.

I want to have Odoo automatically load orders that come in throughout the day from a source outside of Odoo (probably spreadsheets that are created by an EDI application).  The orders should load into Odoo without any manual intervention (possibly via spreadsheets which get created automatically and put into a directory which Odoo monitors).  Once the orders are in the system, I want to be able to print shipping labels in a batch, and then mark that batch of orders as shipped and have Odoo create the invoices.

Is this sort of automatic batch processing possible?  If this is going to require custom development, does Odoo expose an API capable of doing this sort of thing?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Ben

I think that your case will need a custom development to automatize those steps but yes Odoo it's capable of do that and have have an strong development framework and api to do it

Discard