This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi Guys, 

I installed odoo12 on CentOS7 service. It works fine after installation, but it went to crash nearly every 1 or 2 days, I test it for a week. Crash occurred 5-6 times at least. 

When I use command "systemctl status odoo12.server" to check status and re-start odoo12, it will show below message.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? 

add more info:CentOS7, Odoo12,Python3.6

=========================

odoo12.service - Odoo12

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/odoo12.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-12-17 18:03:18 CST; 14h ago

Process: 26387 ExecStart=/opt/odoo/odoo12-venv/bin/python3 /opt/odoo/odoo12/odoo-bin -c /etc/odoo12.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Main PID: 26387 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Discard
Author

Thank you for your timely and effective advice..

I check the remaining disk size. It is as below. 14G remaining. I asked a vitural service, just for Odoo usage.

And I also use "journalctl -u odoo12.service" cmd to check logs, it is useful, I will read the logs carefully, and try to figure out the possible reason.

Author

Hello, everybody.

Seems it works fine now, it can be running over 5 days without any problem.

The changes I did is

disable the mail service function. I removed my own mail settings from odoo12.

Then it seems work fine.

Best Answer

Hello,

what you posted can't point to a specific problem.

I suggest you try to check the remaining disk size, I had a similar behavior months ago due to this

Discard
Best Answer

Like others said, what you posted isn't helping to troubleshoot.

post your system journalctl output when odoo crash

So far since v12 released, I haven't read any major stability issues regarding running on Linux machines (Debian/Ubuntu & CentOS/REHL)

For now,

1. Make sure your system hardware is fully functioning.

2. Make sure odoo is the only service interacting with your database, and remove unnecessary databases if possible. 

3. Check all your cron jobs on the machine or scripts that may start services that interfere.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you looked in journalctl? 

journalctl -u odoo12.service
Discard
Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue and I looked at results from, Danylo's post, thanks, (journalctl -u odoo12.service)
I don't really know what I'm looking at but I see a lot of fetchmail and imap references.

Jan 23 07:19:09 MyServer odoo12[18692]: connection.login(self.user, self.password)

Jan 23 07:19:09 MyServer odoo12[18692]: File "/opt/rh/rh-python36/root/usr/lib64/python3.6/imaplib.py", line 593, in login

Jan 23 07:19:09 MyServer odoo12[18692]: raise self.error(dat[-1])

Jan 23 07:19:09 MyServer odoo12[18692]: imaplib.IMAP4.error: b'LOGIN failed.'

I wonder if this is due to ..email server is Office 365 /Exchange Online. I will investigate further and report but if someone has resolved this without disabling mail service, I need the mail service, can you please post?

Thanks,

Mark

Discard