This question has been flagged

I have recently trouble with the calendar view. When dragging a new event from one date to another date, I sometimes get wrong behaviour. The problem only occurs, when date_deadline is first_day_of_week, and only, when dragging (click on calendar works for every day).

I first thought, there might be something wrong with my custom code, but after some investigation I found out, that this issue happens in default modules aswell, e.g. the crm.meetings calendar view or the hr.holidays holiday request calendar view.

The detailed behaviour when dragging from any date to a monday:
The end_date gets set to the start_date and it operates like I only clicked on the start_date.

Is there a bug? Any further information on this subject?

UPDATE:

The behaviour only occurs, when first day of week is monday, e.g. when users language is german. For first_dow = sunday (language english) everything works fine.

UPDATE:

Recently the language and thus the first_day_of_week don't play a part anymore...

Wrong behaviour occurs always.

I've reproduced the fault with a freshly set up server as well as with a running production server.

Also tried Firefox 33.1 and Internet Explorer 11.0

Finally I have tried to use the latest dhtmlxScheduler, but this didn't help either.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

This is odd. A good find though, worth posting on the bugs list of github (www.github.com/odoo).

My guess is that it has something to do with the python calendar used. We have encountered a similair bug using the WeekOfYear functionality in sequences, which was off by 1 week due to wrong calendar usage.

Discard
Author

Have you been able to reproduce the phenomenon described in my answer?