This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a simple portal user with which I also have shared a project. This user can not see anything of my profile but my name. My profile image is broken for him and when he tries to click me he gets an access denied for document type partner and operation read. This is the server side log:

WARNING my_db openerp.osv.orm: Access Denied by record rules for operation: read, uid: 12, model: res.partner

I have tried also to share my user profile with him but this broke his profile completely. He could log in but only got access errors and even the normal portal menu was gone.

I also tried to give full rights for res.partner where ever I could find it (in the access rights for the portal user group and in the access rights for the share group of the project in question and in the access rights for several other groups). This didn't change a thing.

So how can I grant access for portal users to my profile?

OpenERP Version is Version 7.0-20131016 and the DB is quite new - this is the first project and first user.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I could achieve this by creating an ir_rule [(1,'=',1)] for the portal group and read permission on res.partner and also adding the portal group to the DB model res.partner.bank with read permission.

This is a workaround which is okay in my case as I only have few customers as portal users which may very well see all data from res.partner and res.partner.bank. However in some cases this may be not ideal and I find it a little strange for example that it didn't work without the read permission for res.partner.bank and that I needed an ir_rule as all read permissions for portal users on res.partner were ignored.

Discard