This question has been flagged

In Sales/Customers there are customers whose "Contacts&Addresses" should be updated (adding new entries). This should be done by users that have only rights to create new Customers and read all customers.

User (say "User Q") has only rights to create new Customers and to read all customers.

How using only configuration to allow "User Q" (has no right to write on the particular res partner (say "Customer X") to add "Contacts&Addresses" to that partner? Can this be at all done with only rights configuration, or it should be done with extending module "Sales"?

Discard
Author

Short version:

"User Q" has no right to Write on res.partner except when that res.partner has been created by that "User Q".

How to let "User Q" to add "Contacts&Addresses" on the res.partner where the "User Q" has no write right on that "res.partner"? But in general "User Q" has a right to create res.partners (so that "User Q" can create res.partner objects).

Now please add a version, which is understandable.

Author Best Answer

I have a situation when the "User Q" (it belongs to "Group X") has no right to "Write" on "Partner". But in Customers I would like to let "User Q" (or any other user that belongs to "Group X") to create additional "Contacts" for any "Customer".

For this I created a class that inherited 'res.partner' but I don't know where which method to override to allow update `child_ids`. **Which method should I override to allow update child_ids on `res.partner`.**

This fails `odoo.api: call res.partner(19099,).write({u'child_ids': [[4, 30941, False], [0, False, {u'function': False, u'name': u'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', u'comment': False, u'phone': False, u'street': u' ', u'customer': True, u'image': False, u'supplier': True, u'state_id': False, u'type': u'contact', u'email': False}]]})` because user has no right to do operation "Write" on "Partner".

Discard