This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, I've been learning to developed OpenERP modules and web framework. Now it comes to how to deploy it on the server which I have no idea on this particular subjects. Here's my situation:

1. If I have many database on one server [ e.g. db1 and db2 ], I want to access this two databases from URL db1.mySiteName.com and db2.mySiteName.com respectively.

2. From first situation, I want to hide all :8069 port, ?db=dbName, and all sort of queryString. Or at least encpyt it somehow ( I just want to secure it but I really don't know the available options ).

3. Much much more

I've been searching on the web and come across many mysterious words such as xmlrpc, proxy, mod_wysig, etc. In fact, I really don't know what the port things actually do. Could you please give some good resources on these topics to start learning them and overcome my current situations ? Searching on my own and read them randomly is a daunting task.

Thank you very much

Discard
Best Answer

First of all you have to setup the proxy on any of the server either apache or nginx go through the documentation at http://openerpbook.com/prod-setup/index.html.

Replace server_name openerpserver.example.com; with server_name *.example.com; it will forward all subdomain to same proxy

Also when you start odoo server do not forget to add one parameter to fiter the db based on the db name using --db-filter='%d' or --db-filter='^%d' any one will work to filter the db

Discard