This question has been flagged

is it possible to set the landed cost with costing method Average Cost (AVCO)?

I have tried on odoo v.11 the real price in the costing method is FIFO, right?

and I've also set inventory valuation in real time (automated)

Discard
Best Answer

I've been searching for a way to implement this and have finally found the answer! I can't seem to post links/pictures here though so we'll just have to make do with text.

First off, please be careful as to WHY you're choosing average costing instead of perpetual costing. I've found Brett Hydeman's video to be the clearest and most informative of the lot out there so it's worth the 80 minutes (or 40 mins if you're watching at 2x speed) to find out exactly how Odoo calculates costing.

1) Install Hibou's stock_landed_costs_average module

2) In Inventory > Configuration > Products > Product Categories, create a new product category with 
Costing Method: Average Costing
Inventory Valuation: Automated
(Note: I personally have created two product categories - One for Landed Costs and one for the product, but that is for my personal filtering and accounting purposes.

If you are not seeing the Inventory Valuation and Account Properties, it's because Odoo has separated Accounting and Invoicing in v11 onwards of the Community Edition

To enable this, enter Debug mode and go to Settings > Users > [Select your user] and Select Show Full Accounting Features under Technical Settings. 

The process after that is similar to that of using Landed Costs module, namely:

·         Inventory > Products > Create a product and assign it to the AVCO, Automated Product Category

·         Inventory > Configuration > Products > Landed Cost Types > Create your landed costs

·         Purchase the product and make sure the PO is validated and the goods have been transferred into your Inventory

·         Inventory > Operations > Landed Costs > Create a landed cost with the Pickings assigned to the warehouse pickings that correspond with that purchase

·         Enter your landed costs under your Cost Lines and Compute to allocate the costs across your purchase, then Validate to make sure it's being updated to your current product costs. 

Going to Inventory > Products > [Select your product] should show an automatically reflected cost of your product based on how you have allocated the Landed costs, be it "Equal", "Quantity" or "Current Cost" split. The same Odoo Inventory video by Brett explains Landed Costs comprehensively at around the 59 minute mark. 

PS: Hibou is AMAZING. They're the only company that I've contacted so far that has offered any help at all even after I'd explained that we are a startup and are unable to afford jumping in to Odoo Enterprise given the number of modules we'd need to purchase. If you ever need help or consultation work I'd definitely recommend Kylie and their team!

Note that I'm not affiliated with Hibou in any way, shape or form. I'm just really grateful for their help and would like to give back by spreading the word.

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem, someone get any solution for landed cost with average costing?

In Mexico we need that.....almost all the prodcucts come from USA and the average cost is the most used.

Discard
Best Answer

I added landed cost for one picking but how to pay the amount of landed cost

Discard
Best Answer

Andi,

you can refer below given link for complete landed cost configuration but it is in v9.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/usehttps://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/inventory/routes/costing/landed_costs.htmlr/9.0/inventory/routes/costing/landed_costs.html

Yes, Real price always consider FIFO

Thanks.

Discard
Author Best Answer

thanks Jainesh

thanks, but this link can not be opened

is it possible to set the landed cost with costing method Average Cost (AVCO)?

Discard
Best Answer

Andi,

You cannot set landed cost  with costing method Average Cost.

The real price means FIFO.

The below notes from odoo documentation:

\https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/inventory/routes/costing/landed_costs.html

Landed costs are only possible for products configured in real time valuation with real price costing method. The costing method is configured on the product category.

Discard
Best Answer

Yow Andi , I have same problem with you, did u get any solution for that?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I am also having the same issue where the landed cost only calculate for FIFO method in V11.

If any one got solution please let me also know.

Discard
Best Answer

Found module, Average costing for landed cost

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/sr_stock_landed_cost_on_average_costing_method/

I hope this will help you

Thanks & Regards.

Sitaram Solutions

Discard
Best Answer

Did anyone ever get an answer to this question? 

Can we apply landed costs to products where Costing Method = "average" with Inventory Valuation = "Automated"?

Nick

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

Found odoo app  for average costing in landed cost 

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/dev_landed_cost_average_price 

Hope this helps ! 

Discard
Best Answer

I think given doc link not updated. Now in V̶1̶1̶ Saas-17 it is possible to use AVCO to compute landed cost.

(AVCO OR FIFO + Automated)

Discard

I tried it in Odoo 11 and I got the below error :

The selected picking does not contain any move that would be impacted by landed costs. Landed costs are only possible for products configured in real time valuation with real price costing method. Please make sure it is the case, or you selected the correct picking.

I have read the below Odoo 11 documentation:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/inventory/routes/costing/landed_costs.html

My bad.. It is fixed in saas-17. I thought that was done in v11.

So now on saas-17 you can allocate landed cost on both FIFO or AVCO

Thanks Nayi, Could you please let me know who can I follow up the new features in Odoo?