This question has been flagged

I've followed the tutorial on how to account card payments for invoices in Odoo from this article:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/accounting/receivables/customer_payments/credit_cards.html

Everything is great, except that we need to automate bank fees entries for card payments, so that we know beforehand that if a customer pays with his debit card - bank charges 1.8% per each transaction, so in order to make the reconciliation process more easy for accountants - we need to automate bank fees journal entries for each transaction which uses particular credit card journal.

Is there any existing way to do this? I'm sure this is a very common and usual case when you have like 200 card payments every day and around 50 bank rows for those 200 payments - it's too hard to reconcile manually without having bank fees in the system beforehand.

Discard

(1) How long does it take for the bank statement to show the payment made by your Customer? (2) Does the bank statement show a line for each Customer Payment or does it show a line representing more than one (like a batch payment from the Merchant processor). I don't know how this works in the Ukraine.

Author

Hi Ray,

Thank you for answer! The bank usually takes from 2 to 5 days in order to show the payment on the bank statement and it comes in a batch payment (many payments in one row on the bank statement and fees are already inside), for example:

card payments:

20 oct 2018: 1000 UAH (customer 1)

20 oct 2018: 500 UAH (customer 2)

21 oct 2018: 1500 UAH (customer 3)

Bank statement:

24 oct 2018: 2946 UAH

Thanks again for your help!

Best Answer

Hi, hope you well! please refer the following link it may help you. https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/skit_credit_card/

Discard
Author Best Answer

Any thoughts about this? This is really an issue since we have over 500 payments per day which makes it very hard to process bank fee for each payment one by one.

Discard

Did you ever get an answer to this?