This question has been flagged
12 Replies

in the Odoo user interface we can update module list from settings, at "Settings/Modules/Update Module List"...

How to do the same operation with command line (using odoo.py) ?

Discard
Author

I found related question [1] , but with no answer... [1] https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/update-from-command-line-exactly-as-fast-as-via-update-module-list-in-ui-75449

Author

and another one with an accepted answer: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/is-update-module-list-from-command-line-possible-54578 but

./odoo.py -u base
takes too long, however when we update list from ui, it's fairly faster then update of base module with -u base or -i base... so it's not the same operation or equivalent...
Author

any suggestions?

Best Answer

You can create xml-file that calls ir.module.module objects update_list function. Like this:

<openerp>
    <data>
        <function model="ir.module.module" name="update_list"/>
    </data>
</openerp>

Now if you add this xml-file to module data (like you would add any other view definition or other xml-files) that update_list function gets called every time you update this module. For example you added this to a new module named "your_custom_module_updater",  so now you can start odoo with:

./odoo.py -u your_custom_module_updater 

and that module list should update every time from now on. 

*note: you still need to manually update the list for your_custom_module_updater to install it :)

Discard
Author

nice workaround :) thanks!

thank you very much! works nicely on v9

For odoo10, How this command work? Because ./odoo.py not work for odoo10, we start our server with ./odoo-bin

Best Answer

cd odoo-server/

./odoo-bin -c /etc/odoo-server.conf -d data_base_name -u module_name

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

You can update module using below command.

./odoo.py -u modulename -d databasename

Thanks.

Shamji.

Discard

I guess that's valid AFTER you have stopped the server AND reside inside of /opt/odoo/odoo-server, right?

Depend on service restart. If you use --xmlrpc-port=9999 or any port than no need to stop server which are running on 8069.

Best Answer

in case of odoo 10

first grant all privileges to the db for the user.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE "my_db" to my_user;

then open terminal ctrl + t

sudo su postgres

cd path to odoo

./odoo-bin -u module_name -d db_name

Discard