This question has been flagged
3 Replies

i created i module that has as a field manager, i want to be filled automatically with the value of the parent_id field of the hr.employee

how i can do this ? 

i tried this way but i don't know how to point to the parent_id field 

class Job_Certification(models.Model):

_name = 'job.certification'

manager = fields.Many2one(

'hr.employee',

'manager',

default=lambda self: self.env['hr.employee']._company_default_get('my_module_name')

)

Discard

Other module method can call same way, self.env['hr.employee']._company_default_get()

Did you find an answer to this?

Best Answer
You can create default custom method in the same class. In the method return the hr.employee record id based on required conditions.

Below Example from Default core Module:

def _get_default_journal(self):
return self.env['account.journal'].search([('type', '=', 'general')], limit=1).id

journal_id = fields.Many2one('account.journal', string='Journal', required=True, default=_get_default_journal, domain=[('type', '=', 'general')])
Discard
Author Best Answer

so in my case what should it put inside the domain ?  if i want to get the value of the parent_id field ? 

def _get_default_manager(self):
return self.env['hr.employee'].search([('??', '=', '??')], limit=1).id

manager = fields.Many2one('hr.employee', string='Manager', required=True, default=_get_default_manager, domain=[('??', '=', '??')])
Discard

Yes, default which hr.employee id (name) would you like to display, based on that condition will apply.

Author

hh sorry but still i don't get it, can you please write it down ?

Author

let's say the id is 22

Author

i change the domain with the following

('name' = 'parent_id')

and it works just fine

thanks for your help