This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Odoo V14, Enterprise

I have accidentally downloaded (synchronized) duplicate bank account transactions and, now, would like to delete each duplicated item.

When I locate the journal item to be deleted and try to delete it (Action|Delete) I get a message that says "You cannot delete an item linked to a posted entry."  I have also tried to put the posted entry back into draft status so that I can delete it and then get an error message like this: "You can't manually change the state of journal entry Draft Entry BNK2/2021/01/0079, as it has been created by bank statement Online synchronization of 2021-01-10."

Is the only way to correct the problem by creating a new journal entry to reverse the incorrect one?  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi there, I'm just starting up and see that you have resolved the duplicate entry issue. But I'm trying to follow your directions and not seeing where the delete button is... nor do I find 'edit' on my bank statement, which only gives me the possibility to reconcile. Any possibility of screenshots?  I'm sure its really actually very simple! Thanks, Chris

Discard
Best Answer

Hello everyone

If you are looking to delete entries imported through bank statements then go to the Journal from the dashboard and select the bank statement. Edit> reset to new and Edit/ delete this according to your requirements. Hope this helps

Discard
Author Best Answer

Usman, OAO.

I'm glad to know that it's easy to identify and delete duplicate entries.  Could you perhaps explain how to go about doing this?

Discard
Best Answer

its easy way to track your duplicate entry from your database and delete from there

Discard
Author

Thank you Usman. Apparently the error we were making is that we went in through reports (e.g., Profit and Loss statement), found the duplicate and tried to delete from there; that doesn't seem to work. I think that the problem has now been resolved. Thank you again for your response.