This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Why can't Documents seamlessly manage documents from one of the most important platform applications and why is Documents "Files Centralization" only available for some apps.

Thanks

BR

Ricardo

Discard

What do you understand as link something to the CRM?

What do you mean with most important platform applications?

Author

Hi Daniel

After creating a CRM Workspace I would like to link these documents with my opportunities.

CRM is essencial for me.

Author Best Answer

The issue of my question can be solved with "Link to Record" available since version 14.3, which allows you to create Actions and link them to records.

To set it up, go to:

Documents app -> Configuration -> Actions -> Create -> On the Tab Actions -> Create: Link to Record -> Specific Model Linked: Lead/Opportunity.

BR

Ricardo

Discard

where and how to update odoo 14 to "documents" 14.3 currently 14.0.1.0? checking in the runbot also dont have functionality create -> link record,

in odoo 15 does have

unfortunately, there is no option to update the record. for example, in the beginning you have the documents in opportunity and when we create a sales order, then we need to have documents in the sales order (like move from opportunity to the linked sales order). Any solution for this?

Amazing answer Ricardo!! Thank you. Always happy to learn these little tricks that are not so obvious

Best Answer

In odoo 16e the documents linked to a record in the APP Documents appear as attachments in the record.

Discard
Best Answer

Is there a way to make the linked file now visible on the linked record? Like a tab at the top saying: Documents or Contracts, depending on what was set?

Discard