This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi all,

using web ui http://localhost:8069/web/database/manager

for some testing i have created a database backup for safe side, before made some changes, want to know in case i have to restore my database, will it restore (override) on this existing one or i have to Delete before Restore? and any other things i have to consider for Backup & Restore? 

regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

In odoo we can have multiple databases, so when ever you need to take backup, you can go to the web/database/manager and perform the back operation. Then Later if you feel that you need to get that database, you can go to the /web/database/manager and restore it with a new name.

So now you will have two databases in the system. And if you want to delete any of this, you can do from the same page.

Thanks

Discard
Author

@Niyas Raphy, related question, is there any situation we have to use database name like in Signin it requires (by default) db name alongwith login and password? from where i can get this information or have you experienced yet then please help me.

Best Answer

Hello , 

When you restore, it will not override your old database and you need not delete the old one too, you should give a different name to your new database and restore. 

The old one remains the same.

So finally you can have as many databases in odoo and you can switch between those in /web/database/manager .

Thanks

If you

Discard
Author

@Karthikeyan, related question, is there any situation we have to use database name like in Signin it requires (by default) db name alongwith login and password? from where i can get this information or have you experienced yet then please help me.

Best Answer

create database option under /web/database/manager you'll get the option of selecting DB name and password

Discard