This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi !

Sorry for this newbie (as I am) question but is there a dedicated place to save modified xml files like when creating Child theme ?
I need to modify the website_sale_utils.xml file and would like to know the best practice about that.
Because when files will be updated or upgraded those modifications will disappear right ?

Maybe I'm far away from the best practice and that I should proceed differently ?

thanks a lot !
Hedge

Discard

Hello Hedge,

I have not done this before but looking at the view this documentation may point you in the right direction (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/14.0/reference/qweb.html#template-inheritance).

Thanks,

Author

thanks a lot Jack !

In fact I have read this, but maybe I didn't understood...

I made some customization inside core files like website_sale_utils.xml and I would like to keep them while future updating....

Best Answer

Hello Hedge,

You cannot directly modify base module codes. For the changes to save and keep them while future updating you need to make a new custom module and place in it any directory and install it. You can create a new module using scaffold(odoo-bin scaffold <module name> <where to put it>) and then inherit website_sale_utils further to make it work.

You can also take reference from odoo documentation to start making modules and inherit for the same and also keep it in a structured form.

Thank you!

Regards,

Email:      odoo@aktivsoftware.com  

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks a lot :

Discard