This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are setting up Odoo 17 community. We are an installation company and are looking for a way to process preliminary budget costs.

Example; we sell a television screen which needs to be installed. We add the screen to the sales order, add service item (labour costs) and then we want to have a "preliminary budget" order line for cables/installation materials. Let's say 100 euro's. 

Our installation team goes to customer, installs the screen and then needs to input the used materials (power cable, cable gutter, etc.) these will be products in our catalog. Is this possible some how within Odoo?

I know that you could use a budget within projects but that would be cumbersom for every sales order. 

Discard
Author

Anyone knows if this is somehow possible?

Best Answer

With field services app it is possible to add materials to tasks along with the time, however the app is only available in the enterprise version.

Another possible option could be to create a product 'Installation KiT' as a KIT product comprising of components (cables et all). 

This would create a delivery order and the installation team can capture the exact qty of materials used.

Hope I have been able to understand your need accurately here and able to assist.

Discard
Author

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes I'm checking the option of the Field Service app. We are running community version but I found the Field Service app as a open source variant and installed it. Although this looked like the best way it unfortunately didn't allow for products to be added. Source; https://github.com/OCA/field-service

I'm looking in to the "installation kit" product solution but I can't find out how to make a product bundle?

To make a product bundle you would need to define a BoM of type KIT for the product. You would require manufacturing app installed.
Once the KIT product is added to a sales order is would break it down to the components on the delivery order

Author Best Answer

Any ideas?

Discard