This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Has anyone managed to configure a Zebra scanner to work with Odoo and the DataWedge software? We have gotten them to work fine with Bluetooth connected scanners, but not the built in "wedge type" scanners that are configured using DataWedge software.

Thank You,

Ray

Discard
Best Answer

This solution works for the Zebra ET51 Android tablet with DataWedge (version 8.2.308) integrating with the Odoo android application.

Open the DataWedge application. Go to the default profile ( for example, Profile0). Scroll down to 'Keystroke output'. Click or select 'Basic data formatting'. In this menu, only three (3) items should be checked:

1. Enable
  2. Send data
  3. Send ENTER key

To use the barcode scanner in Point of Sale for example, ensure you touch the house icon to ensure one can see the full product database, then, place the cursor in the 'Search Products' bar. Trigger the barcode scanner while pointing at the product barcode and the scanned items should continue to be added to sale in a continuous flow. 

Discard

You sir. are a hero :)

Thank you. :) Glad to help.

Hi,

Same problem here with a Zebra TC21.
I tried this solutions.

Unfortunately, it does indeed require a "double scan" to work and is not very "stable".

Does anyone have another solution or already opened a ticket @ support?

Thank you

Best Answer

I had the issue with Odoo 16 barcode app where pressing the side button of the Zebra device, to activate the  barcode reader, wouldn't work, only the camera would open.

I have Zebra TC210K with DataWedge (Version 11.3.28, Scanning Framework: 32.7.17.0). I did the following steps in DataWedge, to utilize the barcode scanner with Odoo:

• Create a new dedicated profile called "Odoo" and enter it
  • Under "Applications->Associated apps" add the odoo app with wildcard: "com.odoo.mobile -> * "
  • Make sure you have the following checkboxes ticked:
    • "Keystroke output->Enabled"
    • "Keystroke output->Key event options->Send Characters as Events"
    • "Keystroke output->Basic data formatting->Enable"
    • "Keystroke output->Basic data formatting->Send data"
    • "Keystroke output->Basic data formatting->Send ENTER key"

Discard
Best Answer

You also need to set "Send Characters as Events" otherwise it will not work properly. You find this setting under profile0 / Keystroke output / Key event option / Characters.

Hope this solve your issue. This works for Odoo 16 BarCode module.

Using Zebra TC52

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Ray,

it's possible using Ventor (formerly mERP Warehouse) app.

Let me know more about the business case. I'll back to you with some options.

Thanks.

Discard
Author

it doesn't work with the browser, or the Odoo App. Definitely did not want to try a "paid app" for it yet, not to mention that I do not like the look and feel of mERP. Our case(s) are simple, we are using Zebra tablet with a wedge scanner. Cannot get it to talk to Odoo from the Barcode screen (it will pass text ok on the fields themselves) It doesn't go to intended screen from the barcode screen. It should go to a Pick ticket or a location etc.

Got you. Every man to his own taste =)

Soon we are going to make integration of external barcode readers. Any wired or bluetooth barcode scanner can be connected to the phone or tablet that runs Ventor (USB-OTG). Hope Odoo will do better support of wired scanners in next Enterprise releases.