Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Wrong sorted product´s ? OpenERP 6.1.1

By
asdf
on 12/2/13, 4:18 PM 1,342 views

Hi all, I have some issue within sorting product´s in POS module. There is no sorting like 1, 2, 3... But something like 10, 2, 30... Could you help me, how to set sorting as usual way (1,2,3,4,5...) ?

Thank you in advance

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 12/2/13, 6:12 PM

Hi, Same problem in V7. We have products like "something 10mg", "something else 5mg", "something 8mg", etc.

We bypassed this by adding "0" before numbers under 10 . ie = "something else 05mg". So 05mg comes before 10mg . Not very sexy, but this is the quickest way we found.

I think this is due to system parsing products names as strings (that they are).

The hard way would be adding a sequence field and play with that, but if you have tons of products, it could quickly become tedious.

Regards

Hi, many thanks for advice ;-). I will try it, but still wondering that from my point of view "basic" function is not solved accordingly...

asdf
on 12/3/13, 3:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/13, 4:18 PM
Seen: 1342 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM