This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We have a plan to build a QA site based on odoo . So I want to know Odoo will continue its support for forum plugin?

Did they provide more plugins like question2answer?

What are the new features are available for the website_forum module in odoo 9?

Discard
Best Answer

There no new module for forum in v9... but it is always supported... of course... !

If you have some suggests, don't hesitate ...

Discard

@Jérémy I did notice you guys are working at improvements to the module right now? (As found at https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/8235). And I've accepted your answer :)

Author

Thanks @Jeremy.. for the reply. Is it possible to translate the forum question and answers to any desired language ? Scenario 1. He can translate his own question and answers. Scenario 2. Selected users who achieve some karma can also translated all questions and answers. We can split it questions and answers too. Scenario 3. The users who translate the questions or answers should also rewarded karmas. I just tried for translate the questions and answers. But I cant . How can we achieve this.?.

Author

I tried for answer section by adding a parameter translate='True' to the column definition named 'content' on the table 'forum post '. But it fails too.

Hi, If you add translate=True, it will work to make translation by your self via edit button once in the language that you want translate... (just tested) But for your use cases... which to be honest have no sense... People will prefer to have an answer that the translation of their questions. Are you ready to publish on your forum text that you don't understand which one is maybe a advertisement or ... ? In website_forum_doc maybe that it will have some sens to be translatable in some cases... but that will be not native in Odoo code !

Author

Actually our project is some kind of voluntary work. We have some Facebook groups which consists of almost 200 thousand members, which discussing almost all things under the sun. So we found that there are lot of useful and knowledge based posts coming and they are not reaching to common man through Google. And also managing these posts are very hard. So we think that make these posts outside the Facebook too. Also we lost our valuable posts whenever Facebook blocks our page or group( our groups is blocking by mass reporting because of crticising religions n government policies . This is our 7th group.) . So making the posts outside the facebook is good. Now almost all our FB members knows English and other languages. We want the same of feature something like the edit feature which is available in stackoverflow. In our scenario , that is edit and translate.

Author

Hi @Jeremy.. I tried the parameter translate='True' in both name and content field on the table forum.post. Its works on name field ie question title , but it was not working on content field. ie answer and question description. I think that may be it because of field.html declaration. How can we achieve translation on the field.html. (source : https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/issues-in-translating-web-builder-pages-59381 )