This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Despite the usefulness of the Q&A format, I still think a Wiki would be a good place to document v7, like a book. Sometimes, I'd like to just read about a topic. The contents of the wiki could be put into documentation or training materials.

There maybe some individual or team at OpenERP currently working on a book but I think the need for it is now and the community would be willing to get started on it right away if they were given access, like a wiki.

Discard
Best Answer

I think OpenERP used to have a public wiki in the past, but turned it off for a whole bunch of reasons

• hard to maintain and control quality
  • filled with outdated information
  • etc.

We are currently focusing on this Q&A and, on the developers side, we try to document our code through tests and rst files (see What's the best way to write documentation for my module and give it visibility ?) which are rendered over there: http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/index.html

Discard
Best Answer

This is correct for developers. But I use wikis to document workflows. For example an "Onboarding guide" for new employees. Different departments write and update different parts on same wiki. e.g. personnel department maintains howtos for holiday, disease a.s.o. administration department maintains howtos for login, logout, rights a.s.o.

I think a wiki would be really helpful. A Q&A is very confused to maintain for a department. Which questions are maintain from which department?

Discard