This question has been flagged
1 Reply

The Chart of Accounts I installed includes multiple accounts for Income (Canada COA package):

• Sales

• Harmonized Province Sales

• Non-Harmonized Provinces Sales

• International Sales

For my corporate tax returns and GAAP accounting, I don't seem to ever need to break out Income like just... I just need to report the total Sales. So is there an Odoo-specific reason I need to separate out Income like this?

Similar situation for Sales Tax accounts: there are several GST- and HST-related Sales Tax accounts installed, but for my sales tax calculations I only ever need to report the total, so is there an Odoo-specific reason I should separate out sales tax dollars into the individual accounts?

• HST Charged on Sales - 13%

• HST Charged on Sales - 14%

• HST Charged on Sales - 15%

Thanks for any input!

Ken

Discard
Best Answer

The localizations created by local partners normally contain a setup suitable for the most use cases and common practice. You are free to deactivate the accounts and taxes you do not need for your business.

Discard
Author

Cool thanks--I didn't want to overlook an Odoo-specific reason for breaking these values out. Thanks again!

As long as you do deactivate and not delete you should be fine (for potential dependency reasons). Your upvote and check as answered is appreciated.