Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

why the supplier in incoming products is destination address in form?

Daniel Santos
on 5/22/13, 2:44 PM 1,363 views

why the supplier, has the destination address information in incoming products? Is something that i'm not understanding here or is this an obvious bad translation or denomination of field?

When i go to: Warehouse --> Receive/Deliver Products --> Incoming Products, i create an incoming product and then, in the list view i saw the date (correct), Source (something that i have to understand better too), and supplier (and product and so on...), that appears with the destination address that i write in the form... Is this right? This isn't logical for me..

If anyone can help i would really appreciate! :)

Best Rgrds

On 9/5/13, 2:23 PM

Hi Daniel I see exactly what you mean. image description In the screenshot you can clearly see that the Supplier is being used for Destination Address which makes no sense at all. Why would the destination address be the supplier? And in the list view for Internal Moves the Supplier field shows the Destination Location which is also quite wrong. All I can suggest is to rename the fields in Developer Mode and then test every scenario to ensure things make sense.

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

On 5/22/13, 3:14 PM

Destination Address : Optional address where goods are to be delivered, specifically used for allotment.

Hello Borni, tks very much for your comment. Still have doubts if this isn't an obvious bad translation or denomination of field. I will translate "supplier" in list view "to Client" or "destination address" ;) best rgds

Daniel Santos
on 5/23/13, 6:33 AM

This answer doesn't even address the question.

on 9/5/13, 2:11 PM
Yvan Reichenbach
On 12/11/13, 9:13 PM

Hi I had the same problem and fixed it by modifying the following code: I edited

and changed the line

'address_id': order.dest_address_id.id or order.partner_address_id.id,

'address_id': order.partner_address_id.id,

Reboot the server afterward

Thank you all!!

Daniel Santos
on 2/4/14, 11:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/22/13, 2:44 PM
Seen: 1363 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM