This question has been flagged
2 Replies

My time zone is set to -7. I use daily timesheets. When I sign-out after 16:59 local time (23:59 UTC), the sign-out action is associated with tomorrow's timesheet. Is there a workaround?

Discard
Best Answer

This should be fixed in latest revisions for v7...

bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/949516

If not, check code that assigns date at sign-out, it should use context_today()...

Discard
Author

I installed the latest nightly build of 7.0 and still have the same problem. The bug you reference here seems unrelated. I searched for other bug reports, and found bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/943091

I don't have attendance configured, so could not debug, but just did a quick check on the code and it is full of time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d') stuff, that should be replaced by context_today() calls.... (you can check code in modules hr_timesheet and hr_timesheet_sheet...

Author

So, should I submit another bug report? It seems this should already be a known issue.

I submitted another bug report for this Matt. It has been confirmed but only given low priority, which is a shame. Mario, can you give any more hints on what code changes would fix this bug. I've tried pulling code from the hr_timesheet and inserting it int the hr_attendance.py but I just cause errors (don't really know what I'm doing...).

all of you! this is the bug report mentioned (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1179893) Please login to launchpad and comment your problems there. This hopefully will raise attention in the right places to have this fixed

Author

I submitted a patch for bug 1179893 that fixes more than the camp-to-camp branch (proposed for merging into v7). My patch is for trunk. Hopefully someone will get these changes applied.

Author Best Answer

Bug 1179893 seems to best describe the problems (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1179893). There is a branch there for v7 that fixes one of the problems, but there are a few other fixes needed. I submitted a patch that I believe fixes all of the timezone problems for trunk. It may need some refining.

Discard